Pineapple Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I came across a recipe for this last year and I can't get enough! It's easy to make and absolutely delicious (if you like pineapple).

The recipe calls for fresh pineapple but I've made this with a less than ripe fresh pineapple and it's not great. I have switched to making it with canned pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice. It's the perfect option as it's flavorful and consistent.

I prefer it without the rum.

If you're a fan of pineapple, recommend you give it a try.

https://www.seriouseats.com/fresh-pineapple-ice-cream

My ice cream maker is in Michigan. I'm in Montana. I wonder if this could be made by freezing the pineapple puree, and lemon juice, and chilling the cream to 32' F.. and then blending it all together to make a blender ice cream. Do you think this would work?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I am always making pineapple smoothies, usually with bananas added, too, and a couple of drops of coconut flavor. One of my favorites!

My ice cream maker is in Michigan. I'm in Montana. I wonder if this could be made by freezing the pineapple puree, and lemon juice, and chilling the cream to 32' F.. and then blending it all together to make a blender ice cream. Do you think this would work?

I think you could approximate the texture of ice cream. A little bit off in the temps or blend too long and you'd have slush or pineapple butter.

For us, it works better in a food processor. I take large bowls and put in 1/3 of a banana at a time and whichever other fruit we are using (often strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango) in the bowls. You could do it on parchment lined half sheet pans too. Freeze overnight. Then I take them out and let them sit at room temperature more than an hour, and when the fruit is half thawed, soft on the outside but frozen inside, I put them in the food processor. I turn it on high and whip some air into it, and it is very cold and mounds nicely. I put that into 2.5 cup plastic containers, right into the freezer.

I usually use over 20 bananas and lbs of other fruit. Last time I made it I made 22 cups of 'nice-cream'. We like different flavors so we have a choice.

Usually we have it with a teaspoon of cocoa nibs, or a piece of quick fruit bread, like carrot bread or zucchini bread. A fresh cherry sauce is a special treat. We put the container of nice-cream in the microwave for 30 seconds and it spoons out nicely in soft scoops.

Back
Top Bottom