Red Bean Ice Cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Cook
My fiancee and I went to a Japanese restaurant. They had several flavors of ice cream for desert, we decided to try the red bean ice cream since we had never heard of it before. It was sooo good.

Anyone know anything about this? Origins, etc.

Red bean is great! My fiancee and I love it too. Its one of our favorites as well when we go to Japanese restaurants. We actually found some at our local japanese market. If you have a japantown in your area they should have some at a local grocery store. You may also want to try mochi. Its a sticky japanese pastry type and they have some with red-bean filling. Very tasty! Sorry I don't really have any information on it as far as the origin of it...but if you like it, try your local japanese market.
Good luck!

It's so interesting that you should mention this flavour. DH and I were in the ice cream section of our local (large) Asian grocery store last night and I spotted this exact flavour in the form of an ice cream pop. I haven't tried them but I'm thoroughly interested, especially because I've had some lovely pastries that included red beans in them :)

I love red bean paste, I have some nice steam buns in my freezer with red bean paste in the middle. I like it on its own cut into slices and served with fruit. I love all forms of Japanese food, I so want to visit there some day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom