Weird ice cream flavors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sham, I think CC is talking about me... I live in Rome and my post is right in front of yours...:LOL:

And yeah, CC I feel very, very fortunate living here... and sooner or later I WILL definetely visit Firenze, it is only a couple of hours of drive from here anyway!!

urmaniac13 said:
Sham, I think CC is talking about me... I live in Rome and my post is right in front of yours...:LOL:

And yeah, CC I feel very, very fortunate living here... and sooner or later I WILL definetely visit Firenze, it is only a couple of hours of drive from here anyway!!

:LOL: oops, sorry about the post mistake.

Have you always lived there? I missed out on the best food really, got carted about the architecture (not that im complaining).

While we're on the subject of Italy, have you been to the fruit and veg market in Venice. Managed to get there when i went, best fresh fruit i've had. Ever. :)

Ooh i see, lol

You are lucky ! Ive never been to Rome, but i am defo gonna visit Italy once im a little older, i cant wait for all the fooood :D lol

sorce Melilda Lee

9B. GUINNESS ICE CREAM
WITH DARK CHOCOLATE-HONEY SAUCE Here is a recipe that a listener (who didn’t sign his/her name) tried to send to me. The recipe text didn’t come through on the mailed attachment, but the listener indicated that it was REALLY delicious, and could be found on the TV Food Network site. I was, in fact, able to find it there. I’ve adapted it to our format, but otherwise have not changed a thing. The TV Food Network credits the recipe to Emeril Lagasse (from Emeril Live, 2002).

MAKES ONE QUART

12 ounces, Guinness stout
2 cups, heavy cream
2 cups, whole milk
3/4 cup, granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise
6 egg yolks

*Dark Chocolate-Honey Sauce (recipe follows)

In a large saucepan, simmer the Guinness until it has reduced by 3/4 in volume - about 8 minutes.

Combine the cream, milk, and sugar in a medium-size, heavy saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the pan and add the vanilla bean halves. Bring this mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.

In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg yolks. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks. Then, gradually add the (now “tempered”) egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, to the remaining hot cream in the saucepan.

Return the saucepan to the heat, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer - about 5 minutes.

Remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a clean container. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.

Remove from refrigerator and add the Guinness reduction, whisking until well blended. Pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.

*DARK CHOCOLATE-HONEY SAUCE

2 cups, whipping cream
1/4 cup, honey
20 ounces, bittersweet chocolate - finely chopped
2 teaspoons, vanilla extract

In a medium-size saucepan, scald cream and honey over medium heat. [Cook’s Note: To scald the mixture means to heat it until wisps of steam come off the surface of the cream and tiny bubbles form around the edges.] Remove from the heat.

Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the hot cream, allow to stand for 2 minutes (to melt the chocolate), then whisk the cream mixture and chocolate until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Allow the sauce to stand until cool but still pourable. Serve over Guinness ice cream.

Chopstix said:
:)

Another favorite is Green Tea ice cream. Yum.

That sounds a bit like the jasmin flavour. Do you know if the tea is steaped in the cream or milk, or at least do you think it could be made like that?

SHAMALICIOUS said:
lol my goodness, they sound incredibly weird!

Anyone tastedthe pistachio ice cream? Its yum.

Yes, I have. That used to be one of my favorite ice creams when I was a kid, along with strawberry, cherry, vanila. Those were what was available when I was a kid. I always thought that chocolate was too overpowering. How times change. What a great topic along with the array of offerings on this topic. If I didn't say it earlier, thanks very much everyone.

In the summer I make a tomato and basil sorbet that is wonderful. I also do a beet sorbet that is beautiful because of the color. There is a restaurant I go to in Dallas called Asian Mint that makes a great green tea ice cream to go with their green tea cake.

BrianMorin said:
That sounds a bit like the jasmin flavour. Do you know if the tea is steaped in the cream or milk, or at least do you think it could be made like that?

It could certainly be made like that, either with green tea bags or the actual leaves etc. in the cream, then when it comes to straining the cream, the leaves would be caught.

cc2003btw said:
It could certainly be made like that, either with green tea bags or the actual leaves etc. in the cream, then when it comes to straining the cream, the leaves would be caught.

- It's good to have feedback from someone who's done it. borrowing from ones wisdom is not the answer, but it is a pleasant facilitator.

Thanks cc2003btw.

pdswife said:
I had an onion milk shake one time... I won't be having an onion milk shake again.

Everytime I read this post I think, gross. No offence to the poster, we need to have our senses shaken up from time to time. It helps us remember why we like the things we do like.

SHAMALICIOUS said:
Anyone tastedthe pistachio ice cream? Its yum.

I used to love pistachio ice cream. Is it as easy to make as chopping up some nuts and, again, steeping them in the ingredients???

If someone knows I would love to be next in line.

Thanks

I love vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, maple walnut, pistacho, peach and butter pecan.

But my favorite flavotite is vanilla (Royal Vanilla).

Corey123 said:
I love vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, maple walnut, pistacho, peach and butter pecan.

But my favorite flavotite is vanilla (Royal Vanilla).

You sure that's all!!! :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by pdswife
I had an onion milk shake one time... I won't be having an onion milk shake again.

I don't know why an onion ice cream/milkshake bothers me but I'd love to try Garlic ice cream. :LOL:

Onions, Garlic??? We are not talking about dessert ice cream anymore. Maybe frozen dip on a chip!

To celebrate the fall harvest season, we have pumpkin shakes but that's about as veggie/herbal as it gets. Chocolate licorice milk shakes are unpleasant. :sick:

Who was the Chef that made sausage and egg ice cream? Although some of his ideas were brilliant, many didn't appeal to me at all. :sick:

Back
Top Bottom