Asian Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C-Mart

Assistant Cook
Well, this could go in the outdoor cooking forum, since I usually grill these, but since its a recipe I'll put it here:

Asian Burgers

Ground Beef
Asian 5-Spice to taste
salt
pepper
Soy sauce
water chestnuts - chopped fine
pineapple slices - (fresh or canned - but in juice, not sugar water if canned)
lettuce - I prefer romaine or green leaf
sliced provolone cheese
hamburger buns
(Sorry, I never measure this stuff. My general rule is 1/2 lb. of beef per burger, but make them however you like!)

Mix ground beef, 5-spice, salt, pepper, soy sauce and chopped water chestnuts in a mixing bowl. When thouroughly mixed allow to chill 20 minutes. Then form hamburger patties of whatever size you wish, and chill again, 20-30 minutes while the grill is heating up. Make sure your grill is cleaned and oiled, then let it heat over the coals (sorry I only use charcoal - no gas grills for me!). Put the burgers on and cook as you usually would. Meanwhile, butter each half of your hamburger buns and sprinkle with some of the 5-spice, then set aside. Next dry the sliced pineapple with a paper towel and coat each one with some evoo. Put these with the buns and cheese slices on a plate, and head out to the grill. Check your burgers, and when they are ready, flip them. Next put the pineapple slices on the grill directly over the flames. When the pineapple is ready, flip them over to grill the other side, and add the cheese to the burgers. Then place the buns on the grill. By the time the buns and pineapple slices are grilled the burgers should be done. Assemble however you wish, but be sure there is a burger with cheese, a grilled slice of pineapple, and a bun! I like to put lettuce and mayo (yes, mayo!) on mine. Maybe some day I'll make a 5-spice Aioli.

Anyway, these burgers always get rave reviews when I make them, so I thought I would share. Enjoy!

Sounds yummy. This past summer I made a burger that also got rave reviews.

ground beef
black beans
andouille sausage (casing removed and diced small)

toppings:
cajun mayo (mayo with cajun seasoning)
bibb lettuce
carmelized onions
bleu cheese

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom