Barbequed Beef Brisket recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moondog

Assistant Cook
I just got back from the store with my mom and I got a beef brisket. It was $8.93, so nothing special, 1.79 lbs.

I have never done a brisket before. I picked up some peprika and "Wee Willy's BBQ Sauce."

Can somebody tell me how to go about cooking this? I would like it really tender, almost so you could pull it apart, not that I plan on doing that. Well, just something really good. I have alot of other spices of course. I also have some red wine vinegar and some beef stock if this helps.

Well, can somebody give me a recipe I could use for this or even a custom recipe. Something off the top of your head even!

Thanks!

I have only done brisket in the oven. Don't know how to do it on the bbq. In the oven, I usually season the meat, leave it in refrigerator overnight and then in the oven for a long time at the low temps.

I have only done brisket in the oven. Don't know how to do it on the bbq. In the oven, I usually season the meat, leave it in refrigerator overnight and then in the oven for a long time at the low temps.
I do mean in the oven.

I just meant I was going to add BBQ sauce to it.

:rolleyes:

At "1.79" pounds what you have is a probably a brisket point which is a cut off of a whole brisket. A whole brisket usually is in the 10 to 20 pound range. A point is one of the hardest cuts of meat to cook well. Usually when trimmed, the butcher cuts most of the fat off and there is very little left to tenderize the meat. I would use whatever spices you like and rub the point with those, wrap it in foil and cook to an internal temperature of 180 degrees at least. You want to use the foil to keep all the moisture in or that sucker will dry out and be about as tasty as the sand at the beach.

I just got back from the store with my mom and I got a beef brisket. It was $8.93, so nothing special, 1.79 lbs.

I have never done a brisket before. I picked up some peprika and "Wee Willy's BBQ Sauce."

Can somebody tell me how to go about cooking this? I would like it really tender, almost so you could pull it apart, not that I plan on doing that. Well, just something really good. I have alot of other spices of course. I also have some red wine vinegar and some beef stock if this helps.

Well, can somebody give me a recipe I could use for this or even a custom recipe. Something off the top of your head even!

Thanks!

This article may help...it's my generic reply to Brisket questions.

Back
Top Bottom