Beef Burger recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marissa82

Assistant Cook
i needed some great original burger recipes. i wanna try something thats full of flavour with different ingredients (eg. lots of vegetables and maybe other weird ingredients:chef: ) and beats the typical beef burgers with salt and pepper.

thanks

thanks for the link to the thread. it has some useful ideas, but i needed recipe ideas that cover what ingredients to combine with the minced beef before cooking them.

I looked at this earilier, and thought that surely, someone would come up with better suggestions than mine, but that has not happened. So, here we go. Please keep in mind, that the first things you add to the burger are salt & pepper.

*Bleu cheeseburgers: put a pocket of blue cheese in the middle of the burger

*Pizza burger: Use half/half ground chuck and Italian sausage...Add finely chopped olives (black or green) and canned mushrooms if you wish. Top with provelone cheese and a sprinkling of Parmesan.

*Steak burger: Use ground chuck or ground sirloin...add 1-2 tbl Worchester Sauce and/or steak sauce of your choice...Add chopped onions and mushrooms...pat out to size of fillet, wrap a piece of thick-sliced bacon around it, secure with a toothpick and grill or broil. Or cook onions and mushrooms separately in butter, using the same seasonings that you used in your steak. Use as a sauce for your steak.

*Chili burger: Season ground chuck with chili powder and cumin. Drain a can of Bush's chili beans and add to meat. Moisten with as much of the liquid from the chili beans as needed. Add sauteed chopped onions and peppers, if you wish. Top with Monteray Jack, Colby, and/or cheddar cheese of your choice.

If you want to get more vegies into your burgers, try adding grated carrots. I slip them in to all kinds of things. They are very sweet, and basically undetectable when mixed in with the meat.

marissa82 said:
i needed some great original burger recipes. i wanna try something thats full of flavour with different ingredients (eg. lots of vegetables and maybe other weird ingredients:chef: ) and beats the typical beef burgers with salt and pepper.

thanks

Personally, nothing beats a good grilled burger, nothing but salt and pepper added while cooking. After it's grilled, add whatever topping you like. Personally I like it simple, just dill pickles, catchup, grilled onions, all placed on a bun.

When I am really trying to impress people with the burger I alwasy do this:

Find meat around 30% fat.
Soften butter and combine minced garlic and chive in it
Place butter in the patties in the middle

Cook the burgers and apply a swiss cheese.
Top with a slice of red onion and lettuce
instead of bacone I use a piece of pancetta
I make a gorganzola sauce (sour cream, gorganzola crumbles, salt and pepper) and apply it to bakery fresh buns.

I like to add chopped eshallot, or onion, some fine diced red or green pepper and a little jalapeño. Season the patties with a little cumin and chili powder, grill to temp. Top wit bacon, monterey jack(or pepper jack), or manchego, sliced avocado, and pile onto a butter toasted kaiser.

Ingredients for Pork Hamburger Steak With Apples

• 2½ pounds fresh pork (lean and fat), passed through meat grinder
  • 4 apples, peeled, cored, quartered, passed through meat grinder
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • Seasonings to taste
Instructions

1. Mix the pork with the egg, apples and seasonings and mould into desired form.
  2. Put butter in a frying pan, and place over medium heat.
  3. When butter is foaming, put in hamburger steak and cook on both sides for about 10 minutes.
  4. Serve.

Back
Top Bottom