Beef Tips on Rice
A blast from the past and one of the family's favorite comfort foods. Works well in a pressure cooker...freezer to table in 1/2 hour. Great for weeknight dinners.
1 lb Sirloin Tip, Chuck, or Round Steak, cut into bite size pieces
3 cups Beef Broth
1 tablespoon beef soup base
1 Onion, medium sized, sliced
1 Tablespoon Bacon grease, butter or vegetable oil 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 to 3 cups of prepared Rice
1. Cut beef into bite size pieces.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan and add beef and onions.
3. Stir the meat and onions until the meat is lightly brown.
4. Add beef broth and beef soup base. Bring to a rolling boil.
5. Cover, reduce heat to medium*low and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. 6. In a small bowl, mix Cornstarch 1:1 with warm water.
7. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the beef mixture.
8. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until gravy has thickened.
Serve over rice.
"I must say as to what I have seen of Texas it is the garden spot of the world. The best land and the best prospects for health I ever saw, and I do believe it is a fortune to any man to come here."
Davy Crockett, 1836