Beer marinated grilled steak TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Beer marinated grilled steak

12 oz beer (lager style)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
2 T coarse ground Dijon mustard
2 T minced garlic
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 T freshly ground pepper
1 t salt

Place steak in a resealable bag. In a bowl mix together all the marinade ingredients and pour over steak. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.

Note from Administration - one member said she used balsamic vinegar with excellent results.

bbq.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this over the weekend on New York Steaks and they were so amazing!
This is one of the best marinades I've ever come across.

Thank you so much, Rainee for posting!!!

About the only thing that feels as good as someone going ummmm when eating your food, is good feedback on recipes you've given away.

Glad you enjoyed it. :chef:

enjoyed is an understatement -
my 9 year old said it was better than any restaurant. I'm sure the 12 year old would have agreed, but his mouth was full:chef:

oh, and to add on that, the only thing I changed was the type of mustard - I didn't have regular dijon, so I used Roquefort-dijon.

Rainee I am adding your recipe to my group of marinades. This would probably be really good with a thick bonless pork chip as well. Thanks

thank you for the heads up...im gonna try this tomorrow night!!

curious though..what type of vinegar did you use (red wine, apple cider, etc etc)??

Good question Mugsy - you should wait for an answer from Rainee (or jkath as to what she used). Once we find out I will change the recipe to reflect their suggestions.

We use cider vinegar.

As jkath said, balsamic would be good too.

just followed this suggestion per word (with ny strips) and all i can say is WOW!!! absolutely fantastic!!

almost as good as the taste of the steak is the smell that the marinade leaves in your kitchen!!

Thanks Rainee! I will def. be buying some steaks to grill this weekend and using this recipe. I love marinated meats and am always looking for marinade recipes that are TNT.

Okay - got my steaks marinating in the fridge as we speak for Dinner tonight.

I've hyped up this recipe to my girlfriend ALOT, based on these replies... I hope it kicks some ***!

Question - Do you think it would be tastier seared and cooked on a skillet on high heat, or broiled?

It is two new york stripes about 1/2 an inch thick.

I cooked my steaks outside on the grill, but if you don't have one, I'd suggest the broiler.
The only problem is that once your girlfriend has tried these, she'll expect a gourmet meal every time you see her :)
What are you making as side dishes?

jkath said:
I cooked my steaks outside on the grill, but if you don't have one, I'd suggest the broiler.
The only problem is that once your girlfriend has tried these, she'll expect a gourmet meal every time you see her :)
What are you making as side dishes?

Shiitake mushroom basmati rice and sauteed veggies. I'm gonna use the broiler.

Steaks are about half an inch thick. How long do i broil them on each side for Medium?

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

Rainee, now that I am finally home, we are going to go to the butchers and pick up some nice steaks to grill. I am going to give this marinade a try, but I was wondering what the hot pepper sauce was? Is it a Frank's or Crystal type of sauce you are talking about?

Yes, Franks, or whatever brand you have/like.

Back
Top Bottom