Boneless Short Ribs - What To Do, What To Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Saw a couple of packages of boneless short ribs marked as a manager's special so I grabbed them up.

Now what?

I know I can make beef stew/pot roast/beef barley soup. Not interested in BBQing them. I'm looking for a new and somewhat different idea of how to prepare them.

Help me out please.

I LOVE cooking short ribs!

I've used this from Cook's Illustrated: Asian style boneless short ribs. It uses the pressure cooker.

I also have a recipe from Tom Colicchio, which is a braise in red wine, served over mashed potatoes. You marinate them overnight, then cook the next day. I originally found it in a Food & Wine cookbook a few years ago. I think this one is my favorite.

Some of you may remember VeraBlue from several years ago. She moved to New Orleans and opened an Italian Restaurant. I was there to help for Mardi Gras a couple years ago, and she taught me her Short Rib Ragu, Italian style, served over polenta. It's wonderful!

If you want any of those, I'll dig them out.

Saw a couple of packages of boneless short ribs marked as a manager's special so I grabbed them up.

Now what?

I know I can make beef stew/pot roast/beef barley soup. Not interested in BBQing them. I'm looking for a new and somewhat different idea of how to prepare them.

Help me out please.

This recipe is my preferred style of braising beef short ribs:

Braised Short Ribs

This link is for Bon Appetit, but the identical recipe is on the Epicurious.com site too, and both usually have great recipes.

I haven't tried this particular recipe, but it's quite similar to what I have done. The flavors in this are amazing. The first time I did it I thought I was eating in a fine restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom