Chicken Fried Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I might figure out the recipe but this description should do for now.

Cheap beef, pounded to twice its original area with one of those hammers. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Dredge in flour.

It is a short fry, thin, beef and hot. However I will wait when I make it because I am going to make home fries with it. Those will take much longer.

When you make home fries, season with paprika and salt. Do not put onions in until it is cooked and browned. I use part bacon grease.

I have yet to figure a veggie.

T

I might figure out the recipe but this description should do for now.

Cheap beef, pounded to twice its original area with one of those hammers. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Dredge in flour.

It is a short fry, thin, beef and hot. However I will wait when I make it because I am going to make home fries with it. Those will take much longer.

When you make home fries, season with paprika and salt. Do not put onions in until it is cooked and browned. I use part bacon grease.

I have yet to figure a veggie.

T

The onions are the veggie.

If this link is blocked by Newspaper's paywall, let me know so I don't do it again. ;)

Nope, got it skillet

SHAKA .jpg

I'm drooling!

A local diner makes CFS with sausage gravy! Bet of both worlds. That's how I make it now.

Do a double dredge on the steaks -- flour/buttermilk/flour. Rest on a rack in the fridge at least 30 minutes before frying, or the crust will not stick to the steak when you go to eat it.

Basic white gravy with black pepper.

Mashed potatoes are traditional in Texas, but fries are fine. I like mashed potatoes and fried okra with my CFS.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom