Chipped Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We ate chip beef on toast alot growing up and I still make it. I make a medium white sauce of butter, flour and milk and salt/pepper to taste. Add chip beef and let stand to heat the beef. We also ate creamed eggs on toast and sometimes I add frozen peas to the sauce with the beef and egg dish. It's all like making biscuts and gravy. All good comfort food.

I'm so glad to hear others liked this! I thought I was the only one!
Mom made it without curry or eggs (however, she did put chopped boiled eggs in the creamed tuna).

When I was pregnant with son #1, I ate the Stouffer's Cream Chipped Beef about 4 days a week for around 5 months :shock: That was my "craving" food.

We always had a can of curry powder in the house, back then it was an EXOTIC addition. Put a few pinches in a cream sauce, a tsp in rice, a pinch in egg or chicken salad, a spoon in any established dish you had(I remember tasting it in my moms Sloppy Joes) and you had visions of a Indian banquet at the Taj Mahal. It wasn't for many years, probably the 70s till we were introduced to real East Indian Cuisine.

Yep. we still have it occasionally like about 1 time every year or so.
We eat creamed tuna alot.. my mom, husband and I like it.
My husband and father both liked Navy Chow.

Back
Top Bottom