Crazy Hash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
The Chief's experimenting again. Everyone watch out. It's gonna be great, or its gonna be terrible.

Ok, so let me ask a question first. How many of you like canned corned beef hash? Well as strange as it may seem, I do. But that's not anything like what I was intending to make. I was going to make a mini Salisbury Steak, with a flavor twist, and baked in the oven like meat loaf. What I ended up with was something with the texture of heated up, canned, corn beef hash, with a very good flavor all its own.

Want some? Too bad. I ate it all, and enjoyed every bite. But you can make it too. Real easy to make.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb. ground beef
1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (coarse grind)
2 hand-fulls ordinary potato chips, crushed in your hands.
6 oz, canned enchilada sauce.

Preheat oven, or countertop convection oven to 375'F.

Combine all ingredients until all ingredients are equally distributed. Lightly grease a 6 inch cast iron skillet (or use some other oven-proof appropriate vessel, like a ramekin or something). Place the meat into the vessel. Place into the oven.Bake for 45 minutes in a convection oven, or 1 hr. in a normal oven. Plate.

What I did with the remaining sauce was to add it to a cup of homemade baked that I've that I took from the container that I've been eating portions from almost every night this week. That few ounces of enchilada sauce added to the baked beans gave them a new, fresh flavor.

I was surprised that the potato chips became soft, with full potato flavor and turned my Salisbury Steak into has.

So there you have it. Try it if you dare. Add more ingredients, like chopped pepper, maybe a bit of cayenne pepper, or paprika, or both. I think it would be very tasty with shredded and chopped carrot int it tool.

Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom