EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED!!!!!!! Beef Roast!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sydfan

Senior Cook
Hi. I have two beef roasts I'm cooking on the grill, over indirect charcoal. One roast weighs 3.69 pounds and the other weighs 2.78 pounds. How many minutes per pound should I cook these, as they will be cooking together. Your expertise would be GREATLY appreciated!

:)

Guess I would start off cooking the larger roast first as it will take longer. The length of time tom cook will depend on your temp. But I'm guessing about 3 hrs on low coals. I did a five lb roast and it was nice and tender after 3 hrs of indirect cooking.

thumpershere2 said:
Guess I would start off cooking the larger roast first as it will take longer. The length of time tom cook will depend on your temp. But I'm guessing about 3 hrs on low coals. I did a five lb roast and it was nice and tender after 3 hrs of indirect cooking.
I would like to cook them together. Do you mean I should put the larger one in first, then ad the second one? I will not have time to cok them seperately.

Well since your larger roast takes longer, and the smaller one will not take as long, then you dont need extra time.

Do you have any sort of meat thermometer? If so, cook them together and measure the heat in the smaller one... go to 140 or so for medium-rare. Then remove the small one and cover with foil and then a kitchen towel- let it rest until the big one is also at the same temperature.

OBTE wou will want a horseradish sauce... 1/2 mayo, 1/2 sour cream. horeradish to taste.

We are cooking one today as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom