Espresso-Crusted Beef Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Espresso-Crusted Beef Roast
1 ribeye roast, approx. 4 to 6 lbs.

Espresso Rub:
1 Tbsp. ground espresso coffee beans
1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. coarse grind black pepper

Balsamic Sauce:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
4 tsp. flour
1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
1/4 tsp. coarse grind black pepper

Heat oven to 350ºF. Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in oven 1 3/4 to 2 hours for medium rare; 2 to 2 1/2 hours for medium doneness.

Remove roast when thermometer registers 135ºF for medium rare; 150ºF for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Skim fat from drippings; reserve drippings.

Meanwhile bring vinegar to boil in small nonreactive saucepan; cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup. Mix butter and flour in small bowl until smooth. Add broth, reserved drippings and pepper to pan. Gradually whisk in butter mixture until smooth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Keep warm. Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with sauce.

Mish, this looks just wonderful...Since I learned to do a mean rib roast, I've been looking for something else to try..This could just be it...Thanks..I can almost taste it now.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom