For Elf and everyone else beef stroganoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
BEEF STROGANOFF
Serves 2-3

Sirloin steak sliced 1/3-1/4 of an inch thick
1/2c. onions sliced
1/2c. mushrooms sliced
1/2 can beef broth
1 pkg. lipton onion soup mix or mushroom/onion soup mix
3/4-1c. sour cream
Broad egg noodles cooked to liking

1... In EVOO or Grapeseed oil{my fave} cook onions till browned, remove, set aside. In same pan cook mushrooms with EVOO and butter {just for flavor, equal parts} Remove, set aside.

2... Cook beef in same pan with EVOO a few pieces at a time aviod overcrowding, till M/R set aside

3... Add in beef broth and juices from the meat, scrape to deglaze, add in soup mix.

4... Return all to pan, mix well to combine, cover and let come back up to heat.

5... Add in sour cream, mix well, check for S+P cover for 1-2 mins.

6... Serve over noodles.

7... EAT AND ENJOY!!!!!

I love beef stroganoff, but unfortunately I've got to work off the leftover turkey first - I should have frozen it.

I made strogonoff last night. Rather ordinary. After looking at your recipe I can see the recipe was missing a couple of ingredients. Looks like I give it another go. By the way what the heck is Evoo, no such animal in Awstraya.

WayneT said:
I made strogonoff last night. Rather ordinary. After looking at your recipe I can see the recipe was missing a couple of ingredients. Looks like I give it another go. By the way what the heck is Evoo, no such animal in Awstraya.

LOL Wayne EVOO is not an animal although if it was it sounds like it would be related to an Emu. EVOO stands for "extra virgin olive oil" Any oil would do here, as I said, grapeseed is one of my faves. You should be able to get grapessed there "down under". BTW some of my favorite wines come from Australia.

i've found it easier to brown things in eloo, that is extra light olive oil. it has a higher smoking point than evoo, so you can cook at higher temps without a problem. if you like the evoo taste, just add a little to the dish at the very end.

oh, and thanks p-top, the recipe looks good. i haven't had a good stroganoff in a long time, gonna try your recipe.

mudbug, I was going to do a simple turkey in buttered noodles tonight, hadn't considered the turkey stroganoff thing. It's an interesting thought, but I just finished taking a beating mowing my parents lawn and buttering noodles and adding a few seasonings may be all I'm up to. :(

I also put in a little tomato paste.. about 1 T. just for a little more tang.
Plus I didn't know you could cook with grapeseed oil... doh!!!
I use it for moisturizer.

Ga...

I tried it once with tomato paste and thought it was awful. Oddly most stroganoff recipes call for tomato paste in them, but for the life of me I don't know why.

Well I just use a little. and a little beef boullion. Lots of paprika.

I love the stuff. I may have to make some.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom