Frozen Homestyle Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Was not sure where to put this topic, feel free to relocate it if need be.

Anyway... I got me a bag of those frozen meatballs. (I'm not a fan of meatballs, they sound about as appetizing as meatloaf, but I'm always willing to try new things!) Anddddd... can't say that I have ever had a meatball!:LOL:

I just wonder what all I can do with these things? Besides the obvious s'ghetti and meatballs. You folks got some recipes you use for these things? And it would really be nice if they are quick meals.

meatball sub ( meatballs in a marinara sauce in a sub roll with mozarella cheese on top, brown under the broiler.

meatballs served at a party on toothpicks in a sauce or gravy

mix meatballs with sauce and penne pasta and cheese for a simple lasagna type caserole (baked)

Would any type of sauce go with meatballs? Is there any of them I should avoid trying with them?

Italian style would go with a spaghetti sauce (marinara)
Swedish would go with a beef broth and sour cream sauce flavored with allspice
brown gravy is ok
some like sweet and sour or hot and sour.

your choice depnding on use and actual flavorings of the meatballs themselves. Package should say.

Cheesy Meatball Fondue.
Use Real cheese, put them on a sub w sauteed green peppers and onions or serve over broad noodles (w a veggie i.e. steamed broc.) Made them in a slow cooker, and added a handful of small elbow macaroni toward the end of cooking time (about 45 minutes). Make sure the pasta is submerged in liquid, so it cooks thru.
Cheesy Fondue Meatballs

Philly Cheese Meatball Subs. Use sliced Provalone (instead of a cheese product), & place the subs under the broiler (or in the oven) till cheese melts.
Philly Cheese Meatball Sandwiches

Meatball Ravioli & Italian Salad
Meatball Ravioli With Italian Salad

Meatball Stroganoff over broad egg noodles

Baked ziti with Meatballs

Swedish Meatballs over egg noodles

You can tweak this one using frozen mbs -- brown the mbs in a skillet. Serve w tzatiki (sp), chopped tomatoes and chopped cukes in a pita pocket.
RecipeDetail

Last edited:
glazed meatballs

1/2 cup catsup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp dry mustard
frozen meatballs

Combine all but meatballs in sauce pan along with 1/4 cup water. stir in meatballs and heat to boiling stirring often. Reduce heat and keep warm. Serve with toothpicks

I usually mix the glaze without the water in my crockpot, stir in the meatballs and set on high for about 45mins to an hour then turn down to low until time to serve. They get eaten up quickly!

You can also use meatballs in any stroganoff recipe in place of the cubed beef.

My kids love a dish we call meatball surprise. It consists of cooked pasta, tomato sauce, cheese sauce and meatballs all mixed together and baked in the oven. Sometimes I vary it by layering the dish like a lasagna.

personally if your not going with a traditional italian meatballs & sauce... i say you gotta go with some hot sauce... served either in a bowl or on a sub roll with some Louisiana hot sauce works great for me

Back
Top Bottom