Grilled Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
Made this last night and it turned alot better than just having plain hamburgers..they turned out really good.

Grilled hamburgers

l-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 tsp. garlic powder or use real garlic-I didn't have any, but, I had garlic in a jar, so I used that
1 tablespoon olive oil
Seasoned salt to taste
2 tablespoons Montreal Steak seasoning..I used Nebraska Prime Steak Seasoning & Rub--you can buy that at Albertson's and I have used it on steaks, etc..it is great stuff
Diced onions
1 tsp. ground cumin
I sprinkled Spice it Garlic Pepper over it
1 tsp. hot sauce-I used 2 teaspoons Frank's hot sauce-use more or less of it
The next time I make it...will get some sliced mushrooms to put in the mixture and top it with fried bacon, lettuce, and tomato on top.
Saute onions in olive oil until they begin to soften, but, still firm.
Hand mix ingredients together and let it marinate in a big bowl in the refrigerator for 1-24 hours. Make into patties and grill on each side for 10 minutes each or until done. Add cheese on top for cheeseburgers and cook till cheese is melted.

Last edited:
I am glad they turned out well for you.

For my taste, that seems like an awful lot of competing flavors, but my taste buds are different than yours.

I find that lean ground beef is not the best choice for burgers. Something with some fat is a little better.

You don't need to waste your time marinating the meat since it is ground already. Marinading is for whole cuts on meat. If it is already ground then just mixing the ingredients into the meat will do the trick. Letting is sit longer will not have any benefit.

I also put fried bacon on top and the fried onions..yumm:) I am glad that I let it sit in the refrigerate to allow the flavors to go though...wouldn't do it any other way:)

Now if I just would have had a tomato and lettuce:) oh well..next time:) I had one left over for lunch today and it was just as good as it was last night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom