Grilling Corned Beef Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I use already corned beef (ready to eat) do I just cook the cabbage to go with it? There's no way I'm going to cook a big chunk of meat for the two of us. Boar's Head is very good already prepared, even if it is expensive, $10.99 a pound.

If I use already corned beef (ready to eat) do I just cook the cabbage to go with it? There's no way I'm going to cook a big chunk of meat for the two of us. Boar's Head is very good already prepared, even if it is expensive, $10.99 a pound.

If you're talking about deli corned beef that's sold sliced and meant for sandwiches, that would work. In addition to cabbage, a collection of root vegetables is usually included - carrots, potatoes, turnip, parsnip along with the cabbage.

And if a cabbage is too much for the two of you, go with Brussels sprouts.

My town store has been having these softball sized heads of cabbage lately. Very nice when cooking for one or two. Of course, they usually keep pretty good tightly wrapped anyway.

Grilled Corned Beef Brisket

LOL!

You are all so funny!

Ok! Whether it gets cook in foil or straight on the rack, growing up if you put anything into that thing outside, you were grilling..

Plus, when you use charcoal, it doesn't matter how much foil you wrap around the damn thing, it is still going to have that smokey flavor.. Did you ever get caught downwind of the smoke coming out of a grill, the smell doesn't diminish from your clothing unless the next wash..

Isn't personal opinion fun!

now i'm hoping i get some corned beef and cabbage on thursday...unless someone wants to send me a piece?;)

LOL!

You are all so funny!

Ok! Whether it gets cook in foil or straight on the rack, growing up if you put anything into that thing outside, you were grilling...

I can understand that point of view. As a matter of fact, I'm stoving some tomato sauce for dinner tonight.

Bolas, I thought Peka was a Croatian dish.
Is it also a cooking device/ utensil?

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking
Bunny for want of a better term a Peka is like a flat topped metal drum, I put my brined beef in a tray with stock veg ect, put it next to the fire, put the Peka over it and cover with burning embers, I leave it for six hours topping the embers and fire.

LOL!

You are all so funny!

Ok! Whether it gets cook in foil or straight on the rack, growing up if you put anything into that thing outside, you were grilling..

Plus, when you use charcoal, it doesn't matter how much foil you wrap around the damn thing, it is still going to have that smokey flavor.. Did you ever get caught downwind of the smoke coming out of a grill, the smell doesn't diminish from your clothing unless the next wash..

Isn't personal opinion fun!

Set up your charcoal grill for indirect grilling, place a drip pan below the area where the meat will sit and use a mop to moisten the meat. Now you are actually grilling!;) Nothing cooked on a gas grill is grilling as gas is an abomination!:ROFLMAO: The only thing gas is good for is firing the crawfish pot, firing the crab steamer, firing the turkey fryer pot and heating the blackening CI skillet to white hot!:ohmy: Grilling is also not BBQ.:rolleyes:

Craig

Craig

Back
Top Bottom