Hamburger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I finally got some beef for grinding. I made onion burger , with onion powder in the beef and also chopped up some sweet onions and put that in . After burger was done, I added a slice of Asagio cheese , salt and white pepper, ate it on a kaiser roll. Yummy. :chef:

We always like to grind our own beef for burgers and your burgers sound great.

We use the store bought stuff if we a making a bunch of meatballs or meatloaf. Maybe we should try grinding the stuff ourselves but it seems like a lot of work and am not sure the product would be all that different.

We always like to grind our own beef for burgers and your burgers sound great.

We use the store bought stuff if we a making a bunch of meatballs or meatloaf. Maybe we should try grinding the stuff ourselves but it seems like a lot of work and am not sure the product would be all that different.

the only difference I think would be the amount of fat that is in the meat. At least I know what is in the meat , and freshly ground. :chef:

Sounds great! I like to put a little Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and some garlic in mine as well. I like the use of Asagio cheese too, something other than the usual American, Cheddar or swiss.

:) So what are everyones favorite cut of beef to grind? I don't have an excuse to to grind as we have a ton of ground Bison. I love the Bison but some times I want a straight up beef hamburger. Of course if I ever wanted some groung beef DH would have a fit since we have Bison and Venison.

:) So what are everyones favorite cut of beef to grind? I don't have an excuse to to grind as we have a ton of ground Bison. I love the Bison but some times I want a straight up beef hamburger. Of course if I ever wanted some groung beef DH would have a fit since we have Bison and Venison.

So far I've only tried Boneless Beef chuck roast for burgers. I plan to get other kinds beef too.

Mmm...sounds good. Have you tried caramelized onions while cooking the patties? Topped with a smokey cheese and smothered with a tasty sauce...I'll stop now.

OK, I'm going to have to ask to close this thread down.
I DO NOT need any more kitchen appliances!
:LOL:
Ground up bacon in the burger sounds primo!

The next time you see sirloin tip roast on sale, try grinding some of that. It makes fantastic chopped steaks. Just pat it out and cook it as if it were a steak.

The other day, I woke up with a terrible craving for a big, juicy burger. I could see it in my mind, and almost taste it.
A friend and I were taking a wine buying road trip to Yale VA, and he chose...
McDONALD's. I knew that wouldn't do it, so I just got a $1 menu Double Cheeseburger. My first McDonald burger in more than 2 years, LOL. Still mediocre but worth the dollar.

The next day, after surviving our foray into extreme rural VA to buy wine, we ended up at International House of Pancakes for breakfast.

I got the double cheeseburger, and it was good! Real good. Juicy, nice amount of cheese, enough pickle (even if I had to slice down my spear myself)...

Sometimes, you just gotta have a burger!!!!!!

The next time you see sirloin tip roast on sale, try grinding some of that. It makes fantastic chopped steaks. Just pat it out and cook it as if it were a steak.

Thank you for the tip, Contance! I will keep watch for sales. :)

Back
Top Bottom