How best to oven grill my prime ribs of beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How I wish I could get my wife and MIL to understand this.
I have purposely quit buying good steaks because they insist on well done.
Even a hint of pink will send them away from the table.

We were in Costco the other day and I bought only one pack of sirloin steaks. I left the NY Strip and Rib Eye's behind.
I am sick and tired of having to ruin a beautiful steak.
I told my wife that from now on, I will make a pot roast for them and the steaks are for me. It was rude and a bit crude to say it to her. But I did mean it.
I don't see that as being rude or crude. Why in the world would you want to take money and burn it up. That is exactly what you are doing when you overcook meat!

Still not enough end slices....

Of the seven people we had last weekend four of them had to have their's well done. One even told me my roast wasn't even done.... What the H.....:LOL:

Hmmmm, offer them a bowl of popcorn, or a trip to McDonalds.

It's my roast, I paid for the roast, I'll cook it my way....:LOL:

AMEN! to that! There is no way that a person should ruin a meal for everyone else, just because someone doesn't like something. Fix enough other stuff for the person who is uh, "recalcitrant" to fill up on, if they don't want what is served.

I was always taught that you took what was placed before you, and you had BETTER LIKE IT!:neutral:

OK, back to the OP here, it doesn't appear to me that you are going to have enough meat to go around! If you really want to serve a good roasted prime rib, you should still have the time to get to the store and buy a nice sized one. And dry roast it in the oven. Don't add anything to it, (marinade or seasoning,) prior to roasting. Prime rib is best without it. Serve it with some creamy horseradish sauce on the side.

Now if you are totally stuck, and you have to go with what you have, be sure you have plenty of side dishes for folks to fill up on. You can get by with less meat, you just have to have plenty of salad, taters and other veggies.

(Serve enough wine, and everybody will be happy anyway!:D

I don't see that as being rude or crude. Why in the world would you want to take money and burn it up. That is exactly what you are doing when you overcook meat!

Hmmmm, offer them a bowl of popcorn, or a trip to McDonalds.

AMEN! to that! There is no way that a person should ruin a meal for everyone else, just because someone doesn't like something. Fix enough other stuff for the person who is uh, "recalcitrant" to fill up on, if they don't want what is served.

I was always taught that you took what was placed before you, and you had BETTER LIKE IT!:neutral:

I see it differently. Yo are inviting guests into your home. You have some obligation to provide a meal they will enjoy. If you feed some of your guests prime rib and others popcorn, the guy who got popcorn has a right to be hurt.

We taught our kids they had to eat what we cooked when they were growing up. We don't treat our guests that way.

There is a simple solution. Cook the roast to medium rare or whatever and have a hot skillet or gas grill handy to finish slices for the "well done" folks.

I see it differently. Yo are inviting guests into your home. You have some obligation to provide a meal they will enjoy. If you feed some of your guests prime rib and others popcorn, the guy who got popcorn has a right to be hurt.

We taught our kids they had to eat what we cooked when they were growing up. We don't treat our guests that way.

There is a simple solution. Cook the roast to medium rare or whatever and have a hot skillet or gas grill handy to finish slices for the "well done" folks.
Well, I'll have to admit that makes sense. I must be an idiot to have not thought that up myself. Fact is, that I never even considered it.:( OK, I'll go crawl back under my rock now.:wacko:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom