Ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wishfullthinking

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. So growing up my mom use to make this dish with cornbread stuffed with corn beef hash and cheese I believe. I really want to make this but I am not to sure how to go about it. SHould I cook the corn beef hash first? how long should I bake it for. My mom is no longer with us so I can not ask her. I really want to make this but i dont want to screw it up.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nicki

Yes. You cook the beef or whatever meat filling, lay down half the cornbread batter, then the hash, cheese, etc., and the rest of the batter, and bake until the cornbread is done, which will be something like 350F for 30-50 minutes or until the cornbread top is golden brown. It's pretty much a variation of chili pie and similar dishes.

Hi everyone. So growing up my mom use to make this dish with cornbread stuffed with corn beef hash and cheese I believe. I really want to make this but I am not to sure how to go about it. SHould I cook the corn beef hash first? how long should I bake it for. My mom is no longer with us so I can not ask her. I really want to make this but i dont want to screw it up.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nicki

Thanks so much. Should have none that. I have made the chili pie many times, thats what made me remember this dish. Everyone loves the chili pie. My ex even sent me a text a few days ago asking me if i would make it for him.. lol

Thanks so much. Should have none that. I have made the chili pie many times, thats what made me remember this dish. Everyone loves the chili pie. My ex even sent me a text a few days ago asking me if i would make it for him.. lol

omg, and you want to succeed in a first attempt?

without ingredients that induce hypogonadotropic hypogonadism?

good luck...

:cool:

lol, j/k. i get kinda bored at 3am

Last edited:

So are you going to make it for your ex? Inquiring minds want to know. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom