ISO 1 more element for my burger.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpeikes

Senior Cook
I am looking for one more element for my burger. I am planning on using adding some red leaf, Peach Mango Salsa, Sauteed Crimminis and suateed onions. I am looking for richness or some heat to cut the sweetness or salsa and the earthiness on beef and the mushrooms and onions. Also it can not have any dairy. Any ideas folks? Thanks in advance.

Pickles? You don't have much in the way of sour in there. I am just assuming that though. Maybe the chutney or the salsa have a sour overtone?

I agree - you need a sour component in there. I'd vote for dill pickle relish, chips, "hot" chips (if you're lucky enough to have them where you are, or even lengthwise-sliced tiny tarragon-scented Cornichon pickles.

Another possibility for heat would simply be a light drizzle of Sriracha or Asian Chili Garlic Sauce.

Add some cayne pepper when sauteing mushrooms or onions. But pickles, especially if they are spicy should really work. hOW ABOUT SOME OF THOSE PICKLED HABANERO PEPPERS OR SOME OTHER HOT PEPPERS. oops, sorry about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom