Iso Recipe for Roast beef style deli meat!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
As the topic states, I'm looking for a roast beef style deli recipe that I can smoke in my smoker and do away with the salt.

When I was in the hospital for 2 weeks right before Christmas they had some good tasting roast beef with low salt, and it didn't make you thirsty like the basic deli version.

Thank you Derek.

You just have to ask your butcher or deli operator to read the contents labels and see if salt is a major ingredient, or even included at all.

Your other alternative is to get a boneless beef roast and smoke your own. There's no recipe to it. Just low-heat smoke it for a day. It's just like making a BBQ brisket, low and slow - but almost a cold smoke.

You just have to ask your butcher or deli operator to read the contents labels and see if salt is a major ingredient, or even included at all.

Your other alternative is to get a boneless beef roast and smoke your own. There's no recipe to it. Just low-heat smoke it for a day. It's just like making a BBQ brisket, low and slow - but almost a cold smoke.
Thank you Selkie, I'll ask my butcher and when I get my blood draw tomorrow I will ask the nutritionist at the cafeteria where they get there meat from.

Back
Top Bottom