ISO TNT flank steak recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I'm looking for a TNT flank steak recipe. I have 1 pound of leftover steak in my fridge but DON'T want to cook it with ginger since that's what we had last night. Does anyone have any other recipes?

Chimichurri Steak

Flank or Skirt steak

For the marinade:
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup EVOO
4 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Saute garlic and onions till soft. Put in a zip lock bag and add the rest of the ingredients. Put flank or skirt steaks in the marinade bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Marinate for 24 hours.
Take steak and pat dry. Grill steak until med rare. Let steaks rest then slice thin on the bias.

Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.

Chimichurri Sauce

1 medium bunch of flat leaf parsley
10-12 cloves garlic
3-4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup EVOO

Toss everything except oil into a food processor. Process to a paste, scraping down bowl.
Slowly drizzle olive oil into the food processor while it is running until fully blended.

Ooh! This sounds perfect. I was leaning towards a Latin style steak. Thanks for helping me decide on dinner GB. Won't have time to marinade 24 hours but will improvise and slice against the grain for a bit more tenderness of the meat.

Yes definitely slice against the grain. Even if you just grill or broil the meat sans marinade, but make the sauce it will still be great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom