Juicy home made burgers
1kg/2lb 3oz shin of beef
2 medium red onions
1-2 handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon of coriander seeds, crushed
1 small pinch of cumin seeds, crushed
1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the onions into the processor with blade and process until finely chopped. Remove and place into a bowl and then make the breadcrumbs in the same way.
2. Mince the beef into the mixer bowl using the coarse screen. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
1. Preheat the oven to 230C/ 450F/gas 8. Mix and scrunch all the ingredients together. Use the breadcrumbs as required to bind and lighten the mixture.
2. Divide into 6 or 8, then gently and lightly mould and pack each burger together into a smallish cricket-ball-sized shape and place onto a baking sheet.
3. Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, so that the middle is slightly pink and the outsides nice and crispy. Serve with a griddled bun, a little salad, some gherkins, tomato relish, and a bottle of ketchup.