Low carb bacon burger cabbage casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bossman150

Cook
So a couple weeks ago I switched to a ketogenic diet. The first week was rough, very hard to control my carb cravings. This week has been much better and I have not really had any carb cravings, though they still sound good lol. This recipe is loosely based on one of my Runza recipes, but this has no bread.

2lbs hamburger
1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
1/2 large head of cabbage, chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup full fat sour cream
1 15oz can diced tomatoes w/juice
10-12 slices bacon browned well and diced, use 5-6 if using thick cut
Lowry's seasoned salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400. Brown the hamburger with the onion and bacon, you can drain if you prefer but I would leave the fat. Once the hamburger is cooked and the onion is soft add in the can of tomatoes, heavy cream, sour cream, Lowry's and pepper, stir well. Add the seasoning to taste, it takes quite a bit of the salt, keep in mind you will be adding cabbage which needs a lot of salt. Let the mixture simmer over medium heat while you chop the cabbage and add it raw to a 9x13 oven safe dish. Add the meat mixture right on top of the cabbage and bake for 30-40 mins until the cabbage is tender and most of the watery liquid from the cabbage is cooked off.

I topped it with chopped dill pickle and Mustard and it was fantastic! This should be about 10 servings and comes to about 5-6 net carbs per serving.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom