Meatloaf recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boog0515

Cook
Anyone have a recipe for meatloaf? I once had one where you made it and spread it out on waxpaper and toped it with provolone and basil, rolled it up and baked it but i lost it. anyone have anything like this?

While I don't have a recipe for it, I do recall seeing something like that on Food Network. You may want to visit their website & do a search there.

Here's a TNT recipe. It's rolled up but it contains a little more than Provolone & basil. Maybe you can work with this recipe:

Rice Roulade

3/4 cup long-grain rice
1 2/3 cups beef broth
1 cup fresh bread crumbs divided
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions divided
15 ounces tomato sauce divided
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
3/4 teaspoon oregano divided

Instructions: Cook rice in beef broth according to package directions. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350*.

Spread 1/4 cup bread crumbs on sheet of wax paper about 12 X 10-inches. In bowl, combine beef, remaining bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup onions, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, salt & pepper. Spread mixture over bread crumbs, patting meat to cover paper.

Combine hot cooked rice, 3/4 cup cheese, 1/4 tsp oregano & remaining onions. Spread mixture evenly over beef to within 1 inch of edge. Using wax paper to lift, roll up jelly roll fashion, pulling off wax paper as you roll. Pinch ends to seal. Place seam side down in 12 X 8-inch baking dish. Bake 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine remaining tomato sauce & oregano. Pour over roll. Top with remaining cheese & bake 10 minutes longer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom