Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Winner!

this definitely was a winner in our house last night. Couldn't believe how moist it was. Thanks for sharing. You always have recipes that are certainly good. At least the plates were very clean. Served with eggplant and nothing else. Figured in the stuffing. Watch those calories. But then afterwards had peanut butter fudge. Go figure.

You are welcome Barbara. Enjoy!

Gossie, No, cheese is not essential.

Flourgirl, You are welcome...It's good to know that ground turkey worked for you. Thanks for sharing!

jennyema, Good idea using half beef and half turkey.

this definitely was a winner in our house last night. Couldn't believe how moist it was. Thanks for sharing. You always have recipes that are certainly good. At least the plates were very clean. Served with eggplant and nothing else. Figured in the stuffing. Watch those calories. But then afterwards had peanut butter fudge. Go figure.

Great! You are welcome and Thank you for letting us know how you liked it.

Ol' Blue!

I am going to look for more. Now that I know you are such a good one I am counting on you. But sincerely I thank you for making our day so complete.

Its in the oven now. Hope it comes out right, I had to use 2 1/2 lbs of meat and it wouldnt fit into a loaf pan. So I formed a loaf in a baking dish. I have Ol blues crockpot cheesy potatoes cooking too. :)

YUMMA BOY !!! everybody loved the meatloaf. Came out great and its so easy. No chopping a bunch of veggies. The tators are good, I have made them before, just added some garlic powder to them. My husband and son are garlic freaks..lol..guess I am too. Thanks :)

YUMMA BOY !!! everybody loved the meatloaf. Came out great and its so easy. No chopping a bunch of veggies. The tators are good, I have made them before, just added some garlic powder to them. My husband and son are garlic freaks..lol..guess I am too. Thanks :)

You are welcome. I love this meatloaf, it's so easy to make and looks like you really worked at it. Garlic does sound good in the potatoes. We love garlic also.

I made this for supper last night, and we both loved it! I didn't add the cheese (I love cheese but am trying to cut back some on fats). I realized too late that I didn't have the soup mix. We had gone to a local sub place drive-through for lunch though, and they had given me two containers of au jus for my French Dip sandwich. I only needed one for the sandwich, so in place of the soup (and as part of the liquid), I used that. I also added chopped onion. I am looking forward to left-overs tonight and probably a sandwich tomorrow.

:)Barbara

My family didn't even know there was a stuffing mix in this meat loaf. I used chicken flavor stuffing mix when making this, but any flavor will work.
Enjoy! Debbie

Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf

img_556465_0_841a88046716f9372a82c4162006ba8f.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (6 ounce) STUFFING MIX; Any Flavor.
1 envelope(s) BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Grated.
1 3/4 cup(s) WATER
_____

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, stuffing mix, beefy onion soup mix, eggs, cheese and water.
Mix well.
Press meat mixture into a large loaf pan; I used a 9 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 loaf pan with a jelly roll pan under it to catch any spill over (which did not happen).
Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour.
Remove cover and continue to bake for 30 more minutes or until meat loaf is done.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of baking dish being used.
_____

this sounds very very good, could u email it to me. my printer is broken.

babe

One of the little dives by our house, we've never been to it, posted a section in the newspaper one day. They were known for homespun dinners. Well, the reason for the notation in the newspaper was because of a goof that proved to be a really good thing for their little business. The cook got sick, very sick and couldn't work for weeks on end. No one knew how things were made and the business was really falling downhill. People that came in would ask for this or that with no one being able to provide their requests as no one had the know how. The place was losing business quickly. There was a county faire site across the street from the hole in the wall and that usually kept things popping when it was hosting an event. This giant crowd came in late in the afternoon before a concert there. There was meatloaf on the menu but the cook being gone and all, no meatloaf to be had. Not much else either and the crowd annoyed and disappointed decided to leave. A waitress said to the old time owner, no wait serve them all the salad and stuff and keep them happy, I'll make a meatloaf. She had been looking through the kitchen and found a box of stove topper stuffing. Made it the way her room always had, far as she could remember, but instead of the bread to hold it together, she grabbed the stuffing mix. It was an instant success with the people that night and it's been on the menu ever since.​

If you think about it, the idea is a good one.​

I've also come to the conclusion in my quest for the perfect meatloaf, that cooking/baking time is essential and if it's overdone it's a gonner...:( there's no bringing back

My family didn't even know there was a stuffing mix in this meat loaf. I used chicken flavor stuffing mix when making this, but any flavor will work.
Enjoy! Debbie

Melt In Your Mouth Meat Loaf

img_571152_0_841a88046716f9372a82c4162006ba8f.jpg

2 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1 package(s) (6 ounce) STUFFING MIX; Any Flavor.
1 envelope(s) BEEFY ONION SOUP MIX
2 EGGS
2 cup(s) CHEDDAR CHEESE; Grated.
1 3/4 cup(s) WATER
_____

In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, stuffing mix, beefy onion soup mix, eggs, cheese and water.
Mix well.
Press meat mixture into a large loaf pan; I used a 9 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 loaf pan with a jelly roll pan under it to catch any spill over (which did not happen).
Bake at 350 degrees covered for 1 hour.
Remove cover and continue to bake for 30 more minutes or until meat loaf is done.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size of baking dish being used.
_____

I made this tonight...drool...

I modified it a bit since I didn't have some stuff on hand...

I used real onion and a pkg of beef gravy instead of the beefy onion soup.

I also cut everything in half, except the stuffing, since I only used 1 lb of ground beef.

It was phenomenal!

I made this tonight...drool...

I modified it a bit since I didn't have some stuff on hand...

I used real onion and a pkg of beef gravy instead of the beefy onion soup.

I also cut everything in half, except the stuffing, since I only used 1 lb of ground beef.

It was phenomenal!

That is great! You made it work for you. I'm glad you liked the recipe. Debbie

DH loved it too. Usually I make "normal" meatloaf with BBQ sauce in it. Tonight I waited until it was on his plate to tell him it was a new recipe. He really loved the stuffing in it, and I think the gravy gave it so much more beefy flavor.

I will probably make this ALL the time!

This is going to fit in with my favorite meal, meatloaf and scallop potatoes, I am
going to see if I can fit it this weekend, since it is easter and my favorite meal thanks
for the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom