Minced meatballs with curry and komatsuna
· Komatsuna (Japanese mustard spinach) 1/2 bunch (100g)
· Minced meat 200g
· Carrot 30g
· Onion 30g
· 2 teaspoons of curry powder
· 1/4 teaspoon of salt
· A little black pepper (ground)
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1 hard-boiled egg cut into small pieces
· 1/2 teaspoon of salt for the Komatsuna
· 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Wash the leaves of Komatsuna. Then cut the roots, discard them and cut the leaves and stems into 5 mm pieces. Sprinkle the komatsuna with half a teaspoon of salt and mix. Let stand about 5 minutes, then squeeze hard and discard excess water.
It is necessary to remove the water from the komatsuna, otherwise the meatballs will break.
During the resting time, mix the mayonnaise and the boiled egg for the tartar sauce.
2. mash together the carrot, onion and curry powder. Then mix it with the minced meat and komatsuna. Mix until meat and Komatsuna don't dissociate.
Divide into four equal balls and form a slight hollow in the center of each.
3. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat and add the meatballs. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes. When the meatballs begin to brown, turn them over, cover and cook another 3 minutes.
4. Place the meatballs in a plate with tartar sauce. These dumplings can be enjoyed with baked potatoes or fries.