Need short ribs recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Does anyone have a TNT recipe for short ribs? I've never cooked them before and they look awfully fatty. Attached are a couple pics. The individual sections are about 2" x 3" x 1" thick. I didn't get a lot of them with my front quarter (I wanted it that way), but I have about 12 packages and don't want to mess them all up :rolleyes:
If there was some way to put them in a crock pot with some barbeque sauce and other items that would be great. If there was a way to do this while they're still frozen..... :chef: I would be one happy camper and forever indebted :)

I hate to turn them all into soup, but if that's all they're good for, I'd love a recipe and technique for doing that, also.

Thank you much!

Attachments

• 0102081833.jpg
    0102081833.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 0102081834.jpg
    0102081834.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 207
Id cook them like this but put a rub on them, and possibly a maple BBQ sauce. If you have a smoker I would highly reccommend smoking them.

Short Ribs: Shortribmixedolivebrine

I wouldnt use the olive brine thought Id use my own rub mixture. To each their own. Good luck and happy trails.

Last edited:
I have several recipes for short ribs, pacanis, but I'm not where I can get at them. I think I emailed one of the recipes to Uncle Bob. With any luck he'll be around shortly and, perhaps, he'll send you the recipe.

I have others and I'll either post them, if there are no copyright issues, or email them to you.

We love short ribs here and can get beautiful ones at our butcher.

If you like saurkraut, -- put them in a baking dish , put saurkraut, cut up potatoes, carrots, onion sliced up , a garlic clove minced and salt and pepper cover and bake approx 45- 60 min or until done.

I sometimes put in a can of tomatoes.

You can use short ribs in any pot roast recipe. It's a cut that works well in slow cooking recipes/braises.

Thanks, Katie and Uncle Bob. It looks really good, especially with the snow flying up here again. It looks like a very hearty recipe.

letscook, I only wish I had a taste for saurkraut.... and me being half German....

You are welcome! You can also make a mean pot of soup/stew out of short ribs. Simmer them down until very tender...add everything/anything except the kitchen sink, and you are good to go....well after you bake your cornbread!!

Thanks again. I guess because they are ribs I was thinking they had to be barbequed.
These ideas should get me going in the right direction. I make a pretty good pot roast in the slow cooker, maybe I'll start off that way and turn it into soup.

Back
Top Bottom