Pan seared steak.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Odd, I had always heard it was good way to cook a steak but I have always either grilled our broiled my steaks.

Tonight I figured I would give it a shot. I fired up the oven to 400F, put one of my iron skillets on the stove on high and let it get hot. I seasoned the sirloin(one of my favorite cuts) with some Emeril's, Worcestershire sauce, a little sea salt. When the skillet was HOT, I plopped the steak down in it. Seared it well on both sides and moved the skillet to the oven to finish....

I have to admit, it is fine way to cook a steak! Very moist, good sear flavor. Anytime I am cooking a steak inside I will use this method rather than broiling.

Odd, I had always heard it was good way to cook a steak but I have always either grilled our broiled my steaks.

Tonight I figured I would give it a shot. I fired up the oven to 400F, put one of my iron skillets on the stove on high and let it get hot. I seasoned the sirloin(one of my favorite cuts) with some Emeril's, Worcestershire sauce, a little sea salt. When the skillet was HOT, I plopped the steak down in it. Seared it well on both sides and moved the skillet to the oven to finish....

I have to admit, it is fine way to cook a steak! Very moist, good sear flavor. Anytime I am cooking a steak inside I will use this method rather than broiling.

It's a great way to do it. I do filets that way by choice.

My dad use to do that when he made hamburgers. Now I do it with filets.
kadesma:)

I usually cook steak on my 14" CI Skillet - room temperature; 3 Min on each side, 3Min at 400F - Done.

Back
Top Bottom