REC: Mikes Meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob464

Assistant Cook
I am not sure if this is the correct spot to post this recipe or not because it is beef and pork.

I pound of ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 onion finely chopped
1 can rotel
1 egg
1 cup of bread crumbs
2 slices of thick cut bacon

Mix all ingredients together and cook in oven at 350 till cooked through 1 1/2 hour.

rob464 said:
I am not sure if this is the correct spot to post this recipe or not because it is beef and pork.

I pound of ground beef
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 onion finely chopped
1 can rotel
1 egg
1 cup of bread crumbs
2 slices of thick cut bacon

Mix all ingredients together and cook in oven at 350 till cooked through 1 1/2 hour.

What is Rotel please?

If you don't have Rotel at your grocery, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of diced chilies (Ortega, Old ElPaso, etc) together, adding a bit of garlic, cumin and maybe a little cilantro should be about the same if I recall.

Thanks.
At our supermarket(UK) you can get cans of chopped tomatoes with chilli, or gerbs, or whatever..can't remember the other things!

I make something similar, but with the addition of an approximate cup of grated cheese - usually Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, or sharp Cheddar.

One question: What do you do with the bacon? Do you just lay the slices on top (which is what I normally do), or do you chop it & add it to the mix?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom