recipes for ground beef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mix your hamburger to your taste buds.....roll about 1" thick....you can also just fill half a loaf pan with burger, add the rest then top with burger again....your choice,,,,,.cook some rice, mix rice with speghetti sauce and diced green peppers, spread on hamburger and roll. Top with speghetti sauce and cook on 350 for 45 minutes,........enjoy!

Chili Corn Bread Pie
Prep Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup coarsely chopped green sweet pepper
1 15-1/2-ounce can chili beans in chili gravy
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
1 11-1/2-ounce package (8) refrigerated cornbread twists
1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
2 cups corn chips , coarsely crushed
Chopped green pepper (optional)

Directions:

1. In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and the 1/2 cup green pepper until meat is brown; drain off fat. Stir in undrained beans, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, and hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile, for crust, lightly grease a 9- or 10-inch pie plate. Unwrap and separate cornbread twists, but do not uncoil. Arrange twists in pie plate, pressing onto the bottom and up the sides of plate, extending about 1/2-inch above pie plate. Spoon ground beef mixture into crust. Combine sour cream and flour; spread atop beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and corn chips. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green pepper, if desired. Makes 8 main-dish servings.

STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS

1 lb. hamburger
1 lb. pork sausage
1/3 c. uncooked instant rice
1 med. onion, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. water
12 cabbage leaves

Cover cabbage rolls with boiling water. Cover and let stand until leaves are limp, about 10 minutes. Remove leaves; drain. Mix hamburger, pork sausage, rice, onion, salt, pepper, garlic salt and 1/2 of tomato sauce. Place hamburger mixture in each cabbage leaf, roll up, tucking all sides under. Place cabbage rolls seam side down in ungreased baking dish. Mix remaining tomato sauce, sugar and lemon juice. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Mix cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water in saucepan. Stir in liquid from cabbage rolls. Heat to boiling, boil 1 minute. Serve sauce over cabbage rolls.

BEEF AND RICE CASSEROLE

1 lb. hamburger, browned & drained
1 sm. onion, sliced very thin
1/2 c. celery, sliced
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/8 tsp. oregano
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. rice, cooked
Toasted slivered almonds (optional)

Combine cooked beef and all other ingredients except rice and almonds in cooker. Cook on High for 3 hours. Add rice and serve with toasted almonds (optional). Yields: 6 servings.

Beef Stuffed Squash
Ingredients
3 acorn squash
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
2 tbsp onion, minced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces corn
1 pound ground beef
1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp prepared mustard

Instructions
Wash the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and pith. Place squash, cut side down, on an oiled baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes, or until almost tender.

Meanwhile brown the beef in a large skillet. Drain off excess fat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, onion, celery, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and corn. Toss lightly to combine. Fill the squash halves with the mixture. Place in a shallow pan, return to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with hot biscuits.

Yield: 6 servings

Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix Recipe
Ingredients
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1 teaspoon dried green pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed. Spoon mixture onto a 6-inch square of aluminum foil and fold to make airtight. Label with date and contents. Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 months.

Yield: About 1 package or 3 Tbsp of mix, enough for 6 servings of sloppy joes

To make Sloppy Joes: Brown 1 pound lean ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess grease. Add Sloppy Joe seasoning mix, 1/2 cup water, 1 (8-ounce) can of tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over toasted hamburger buns. Makes 6 servings.

Here's a good one: This is very easy and delicious!

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb. ground beef
½ cup diced onion
1 large clove garlic crushed
½ cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can refried beans
1 can Rotel tomatoes (or can tomato and can jalapenos)
dash cumin
cilantro for garnish
¼ to ½ lb. shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 flour tortillas

Brown ground beef with onion, garlic and bell pepper until brown and veggies tender. Drain excess fat. Add dash of cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese soup, Rotel and beans, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until thick and flavors combined. Lightly grease casserole dish and put a tortilla layer down then layer meat/bean mixture alternately with tortillas. Finally top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Garnish plate with fresh Cilantro leaves.
Serve with anything you like: sour cream, guacamole, hot pepper sauce or anything like that. This recipe is also good with ground turkey instead of beef.

Here's One more: Enjoy! :D

Salisbury Steak

1 Lb. Ground beef
1 egg
1/3 Cup crushed crackers (Ritz)
1/4 Cup of milk
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
2 Tbsp butter
fresh mushrooms
2 Tbsp Flour
1 beef bullion cube
1 Cup hot water
splash Worchestershire sauce

Combine ingredients up to sage and shape into patties. Brown on both sides and remove, keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until soft. Add flour and stir to coat. Mix hot water and bullion cube and add to mushrooms. Add small splash of Worchestershire. Simmer gravy until starting to be slightly thick. Add beef patties back into gravy. Cook for another 10 minutes covered. Serve with fluffy mashed potatoes or rice. Boy Howdy!

You rock Rainee! Gotta try your stuffed squash!

What about chili? I remember someone saying that they are chili judges. Any chili judges here? I would post mine but its a secret. :)

Jeese Rainee nothing like wanting to type....i put in one recipe and tire of typing so much...lol. Thanks for posting those for all anyways...

Tanis

Hey Bangbang, it says to serve with mashed potatoes, but you said your Gramma served it over pasta...does it matter what you serve it with?

Incidentally, this looks like my meatballs and gravy that we serve with pasta...I like your way better...less work! ;)

Alix said:
Hey Bangbang, it says to serve with mashed potatoes, but you said your Gramma served it over pasta...does it matter what you serve it with?

Incidentally, this looks like my meatballs and gravy that we serve with pasta...I like your way better...less work! ;)

You can serve it anyway you like. Toast is good too but I prefer mashed potatoes.

Gosh that sounds easy!
It is kinda similar to one that I make that we call Beef Tips and rice.
Beef Tips & Rice
Brown 1 lb. beef stew meat or beef kabob meat 1 Tbsp butter. 2-3 minutes. Remove meat. Add diced onion, garlic, and sliced mushrooms to your taste. Saute until veggies are soft. Return meat to pan. Add Campbells beef broth - tastes better than others I have found. Add a dry bay leaf. Add a paste mixture of 1 tbsp butter mixed with 1 tbsp flour (buerre manne) to thicken the sauce. Or flour "slurry" with flour mixed into cold water. You will have to wait longer for slurry to thicken than for the other method. You can also add a splash of red wine if you like. Simmer as long as it takes to make rice. Serve over hot fluffy rice.

This ends up a little different every time I make it since I mess with it a little. But its very good and easy. You could also serve this over hot egg noodles, but we are big basmati rice fanatics. :D

While in Korea, my friends housegirl would fry hamburger, onions,garlic togather..add cooked rice and shredded cabbage, cover. When close to being tender add soy sauce to taste and finish cooking.
Marge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom