Roast Beef spread TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Mix together 1/2 c. chopped onion 1/4 cup celery,1/2 c. sour cream 1/4 c. mayo 2 Tab lemon juice,1 Tab fresh choped parsley harseradish to taste 1 tea prepared mustard salt pepper 1 tea marjoram 1 pound of thin sliced mushrooms Toss 1 pound of cooked roast beef cut into thin strips or chopped in f/p and mix them together saute a few minutes in butter mix with rest of ingredients and some shredded lettuce put into a half pita bread and enjoy makes at least10 pita sammies or 4-6 salad servings
kadesma:)

Darn, and I just used up all of the leftover roast beef...have to look into this the next time.

Darn, and I just used up all of the leftover roast beef...have to look into this the next time.
I wanted some so I had my husband pick up a few slices from the deli area in my grocery. Worked just great ahd to slap hands to get enough for myself:LOL:

Mix together 1/2 c. chopped onion 1/4 cup celery,1/2 c. sour cream 1/4 c. mayo 2 Tab lemon juice,1 Tab fresh choped parsley harseradish to taste 1 tea prepared mustard salt pepper 1 tea marjoram 1 pound of thin sliced mushrooms Toss 1 pound of cooked roast beef cut into thin strips or chopped in f/p and mix them together saute a few minutes in butter mix with rest of ingredients and some shredded lettuce put into a half pita bread and enjoy makes at least10 pita sammies or 4-6 salad servings

I read this about 5 times. I can't make sense of it. Is it just me? Ingredients sound good, I want to try, just not sure how to go about this recipe.:chef:

I read this about 5 times. I can't make sense of it. Is it just me? Ingredients sound good, I want to try, just not sure how to go about this recipe.:chef:
HI PATTY Where can I help you with the recipe? Just ask a question and I'll try to give you a sane answer:LOL:
kades:)

HI PATTY Where can I help you with the recipe? Just ask a question and I'll try to give you a sane answer:LOL:

Originally Posted by kadesma

?
Mix everything together, saute in butter and put in pita?

Originally Posted by kadesma

?
Mix everything together, saute in butter and put in pita?
it is rather tangled isn't it? Ok let me see. Must say this does happen when I'm trying to give a recipe off the top of my head:LOL:
Mix altogether 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion, 1/4 cup sour cream 1/4 cup celery,1/4 cup mayo,2 tab. lemon juice,1 tab/fresh chopped parsley horseradish to taste,1 tea. prepared mustardnow toss one pound each of sliced or chopped soast beef and sliced mushroom which you have saauteed in butter place into a cut in half pita, mix in some shredded lettuce and enjoy If you want you can saute all the ingredients and then put into a warmpita. If you still dont get what I've written I'll give it another shot.
kades

it is rather tangled isn't it? Ok let me see. Must say this does happen when I'm trying to give a recipe off the top of my head:LOL:
Mix altogether 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion, 1/4 cup sour cream 1/4 cup celery,1/4 cup mayo,2 tab. lemon juice,1 tab/fresh chopped parsley horseradish to taste,1 tea. prepared mustardnow toss one pound each of sliced or chopped roast beef and sliced mushroom which you have sauteed in butter place into a cut in half pita, mix in some shredded lettuce and enjoy If you want you can saute all the ingredients and then put into a warm pita. If you still dont get what I've written I'll give it another shot.

kades

Mix altogether 1/2 cup of chopped yellow onion, 1/4 cup sour cream 1/4 cup celery,1/4 cup mayo,2 tab. lemon juice,1 tab/fresh chopped parsley horseradish to taste,1 tea. prepared mustardnow toss one pound each of sliced or chopped soast beef and sliced mushroom which you have saauteed in butter place into a cut in half pita, mix in some shredded lettuce and enjoy If you want you can saute all the ingredients and then put into a warmpita. If you still dont get what I've written I'll give it another shot.
kades

This is how I rewrote it.

Roast Beef spread TNT

Mix together:
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup chopped celery
¼ cup mayo
2 Tb. Lemon juice
1 Tb. Fresh chopped parsley
Horseradish to taste
1 tea. Prepared mustard

1 lb. mushrooms saluted in butter
Toss 1 lb. sliced or chopped roast beef with mushrooms

Stuff meat mixture in half pita, top with shredded lettuce and dressing.
:chef:

PattY1, I think kadesma puts the roast beef and mushrooms in the frying pan for a few minutes.

PattY1, I think kadesma puts the roast beef and mushrooms in the frying pan for a few minutes.

Could be. But this was the best sense I could make out of what she posted.

It still sounds YUMMY:chef:

Last edited:
Could be. But this was the best sense I could make out of what she posted.

It still sounds YUMMY:chef:
Patty I saute both mushrooms and roast beef in a skillet with butter I sometimes add the onions to it as well.sorry I threw you a curve:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom