Salisbury Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
This is one of the few things I can stand in a frozen dinner, but I figured homemade would be a lot better. I found this recipe today...I think it sounds good.

Salisbury Steak

6 ounces minced onion
1 ounce minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
2 pounds ground beef
4 eggs
8 ounces bread crumbs
4 ounces chopped flat leaf parsley
12 ounces cooked and diced button mushrooms
2 ounces butter
2 ounces flour
24 ounces veal stock
1 pound sliced button mushrooms
2 red onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick, grilled

Saute onions, and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until translucent and set aside to cool. Mix beef with cooled onion mixture, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, and mushrooms. Form into 4-ounce patties and saute in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter until golden brown on both sides and set aside. In saucepan melt 2 ounces of butter and add flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute until wet sand consistency. Begin to add stock 1/3 at a time whisking and bringing to simmer each time making sure there are no lumps. Add mushrooms and simmer for 1/2 hour. Place patties in a roasting pan and pour gravy over patties and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with grilled onions and serve.

It does sound good. Are
you going to try it tonight?
Do you think that one ounce of garlic is enough? I think
that I'd have to add a little more.

I agree...we like lots of garlic.
I'm not going to make it tonight, but when I go to the store this weekend, I'll pick up some ground round and probably will fix it Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom