Sirloin ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abjcooking

Head Chef
I am wanting to cook sirloin steak for dinner tonight. I don't have a grill or a broiler so I need some creative help. I'm not sure if pan frying will work well since they are really thin cuts. Anyone have ideas? Maybe a stew?

If you have thin sirloin strip steaks, they will do well in a HOT skillet. You can get a nice crust and they can be finished in the pan (not the oven) as they are thin.

I don`t know how many you have or how thin, but if they are really thin, you can bash them out a little thiner, a light sprinkle of black pepper and a pinch of salt, then roll them up and pin in place with a cocktail stick.
you can pan fry these and put them in the oven to finish off :)

nice with garlic mushrooms and baked potatoes with sourcream :)

IMHO..The key to sirloin is thickness..the thicker the better. Properly grilled by direct heat followed by indirect will yield a very tender and flavorfull steak. If thinly cut, then extremely hot and fast would be my method.

(Bourbon goes well with any kind of steak Miss Mish);)

Uncle Bob, that is what I thought as well. That's why I thought I would ask for some advise. I am going to try a rolled sirloin stuffed with some kind of blue cheese stuffing (using YT 2095's idea) and I am going to give the bourbon sauce a try as well. Thanks

ABJCooking...

Sounds like a winner to me! Let us know how it turns out!

Tip...A little bourbon before dinner will bring out the flavors of the bourbon ssauce.:ermm: Seriously!

Enjoy!!!

abj, another thought is a braciole prepared on the stove top in a dutch oven. Stuff it w pine nuts, mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, spinach - whatever you like, roll it up & tie it, - sear & add tomatoes/sauce, cover and cook on low. Serve with fettucinne or buttered parsley wide egg noodles, & invite me over lol.

P.S. abj, your in London? Have you abandoned Noo Yawk, lol.

Last edited:
Mish, I am going to give that a try. I have a pork tenderloin that I stuff with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes rehydrated in wine, and spinach. It sounds somewhat similar to what you mentioned for the sirloin. Thanks.
We haven't abandoned NY, we got transferred to London for 3 years but there is a good chance we will be moving back after that unless something else comes up, you never know. I am going to enjoy traveling as much as possible while I'm up here though.

abjcooking said:
sundried tomatoes rehydrated in wine...

Great tip, abj - will have to give that a try. Lucky you! I've always wanted to visit London ;)

Back
Top Bottom