Sirloin steak/broil method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oppose

Cook
Hi everyone. i curently have a sirlion steak marinating for sunday dinner. my tools are broiling or using the pan so ill go broil. dont even know if im spelling it right but for how long should i broil it? its about a half an inch thick, maybe abit more and pretty big cut of meat. any suggestions would be awesome and side dishes. thanks!

A recipe I found said 7 to 10 minutes per side. It has been awhile since I have broiled a steak but I was thinking I usually broil them more like 5 minutes per side. I don't usually broil a whole steak, but I cut it into fairly large individual servings.

:) Barbara

:) Being so thin I would pat it a little dry and sear it it in a really hot pan maybe a minute or less on each side its just not thick enough to broil.IMHO.

OOPS - I think we all missed this one. I'm with jpmcgrew - I wouldn't broil it if it's 1/2" thick. I'd be afraid of over-cooking it.

So, what did you end up doing and how did it turn out?

well for that sirloin steak it was very thin so i didnt even sear it, i broiled it 8 minutes on one side and 4 minutes on the other side. it was more overcooked then i like but it had a bigger surface area then an average steak and a majority of it was well done lol. (i ate it with roasted peppers and pickles. it was raining like **** so beggers can't be choosers when it comes to side dishes) right now im making a loin cut or something, ill edit this and come up with the correct name of the steak but its a thick cut, maybe an inch so im marinating them right now for 30minutes to an hour. normally i like to marinate a day or so but ive only eaten once today so im starving lol. gonna sear em and throw them in for 6 minutes on one side and then do 3 on the other. gonna eat it with a mixed green salad with honey sherry vinegrette. just made myself so hungry its not funny.

on a side note god do i mess having a grill. i used to live out in pheonix so we grilled everyday but now im back in NYC so they frown on that in an apartment. cooking times were so much easier. preheat the grill during one beer, put the meat on the grill drink a beer, flip the meat drink a beer. good old days.

If you really prefer grilling, are you considering investing in an indoor grill? The ones that I have seen them use on TV look very good. Nothing like hot coals of course. When I am broiling a steak like the one you described, I turn it about every 2 to 3 minutes several times. It really keeps it from over cooking.

i love king of the hill so im partial to propane. taste the meat not the heat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom