Steak Rangoons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigAL

Sous Chef
I took some leftover steak and 1/2pkg of cream cheese. Chopped up enough steak(about 1/4"sq) to look some what equal to the c.cheese, then added a lil bit of mayo, ground ginger, cayenne, onion & garlic pwdr, k.salt and fine blk pepper. Mixed up and put into wonton wraps and deep fried.

They were really good. Everyone liked them anyway. Just didn't have a dip'n sauce that came to mind. Now I wish we would have tried wasabi, grnd mustard and water, A1, etc. Good on it's own though I guess.

Anyway, only pic I took.

img_965582_0_aa9297d5fa6dd2fc0004e2f8f7833172.jpg

They look delicious - and sound that way too. I love crab rangoons, so I'm sure I'd like these too.

I always have problem with scins exploding during frying. I've checked the scins restaurants get and they are much thicer than the store bought ones. What do yo do to make sure the scins do not brake?

I dunno about wontons, but I discovered with egg rolls that if the fillings are too wet, the steam from the moisture will cause them to explode.

Charlie, you have to make sure you have not left any air pockets in or around the filling. When heated, the air expands and breaks open the pocket.

Those look really nice. How did you get them to hold their shape when being fried? Is pinching enough or did you use egg wash as well?

Those look really nice. How did you get them to hold their shape when being fried? Is pinching enough or did you use egg wash as well?

I just used water to seal and hold the corners together. Not hard and they could look alot nicer, imo. I'm not the best at presentation.:ermm:

Just had an idea to take a jalap, red pepper, or some other type pepper and cut into "rings". Put the stuffing in the wrap, close up like a bag and put the rest of the wonton thru the pepper ring then fan out the wrap so it looks like a money bag w/the ring hold'n it shut.

I just used water to seal and hold the corners together. Not hard and they could look alot nicer, imo. I'm not the best at presentation.:ermm:

Just had an idea to take a jalap, red pepper, or some other type pepper and cut into "rings". Put the stuffing in the wrap, close up like a bag and put the rest of the wonton thru the pepper ring then fan out the wrap so it looks like a money bag w/the ring hold'n it shut.

When will they be ready?

I ignore presentation...I'm there to eat, not there for art appreciation.

Back
Top Bottom