"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

Stuffed Flank Steak

In response to a request, here is my recipe for this dish:

STUFFED FLANK STEAK

1 Ea Flank Steak
2-3 C Prepared Stuffing (I used leftover thanksgiving stuffing)

Prepare the flank steak by using a mechanical tenderizer to break down the muscle fibers. Pound the steak to flatten and spread it out. Season with salt and pepper.

Position the steak on the cutting board with the grain running left and right.

Heat the stuffing and place it onto the steak in a slender roll along the length of the steak parallel to the muscle fibers. Roll the steak around the stuffing lengthwise and tie it with cooking twine every 1½ inches.

Sear the steak in a very hot skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Turn to sear all sides.

Place the pan and steak into a 400ºF oven and cook to the desired degree of doneness.

Rest the steak for ten minutes, remove the strings and slice as desired.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Cupcake

This sounds pretty good, Andy! Thanks for sharing!

So leftover dressing/stuffing? I never heard of such a thing. Where did you find it?

~Kathleen

A little bit Ginger. A little bit Mary Ann.
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Andy.
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
This sounds pretty good, Andy! Thanks for sharing!

So leftover dressing/stuffing? I never heard of such a thing. Where did you find it?

Actually you can stuff it with anything. Spinach and feta, stove top, etc
Old 12-06-2020, 05:44 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Sounds delish Andy, thanks!
Old 12-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #6
Certified/Certifiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
In response to a request, here is my recipe for this dish:

STUFFED FLANK STEAK

1 Ea Flank Steak
2-3 C Prepared Stuffing (I used leftover thanksgiving stuffing)

Prepare the flank steak by using a mechanical tenderizer to break down the muscle fibers. Pound the steak to flatten and spread it out. Season with salt and pepper.

Position the steak on the cutting board with the grain running left and right.

Heat the stuffing and place it onto the steak in a slender roll along the length of the steak parallel to the muscle fibers. Roll the steak around the stuffing lengthwise and tie it with cooking twine every 1½ inches.

Sear the steak in a very hot skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Turn to sear all sides.

Place the pan and steak into a 400ºF oven and cook to the desired degree of doneness.

Rest the steak for ten minutes, remove the strings and slice as desired.
I have made this dish, and love it with a good beef gravy. It is called rouladen in Germany, and roulade in French cookin. Whatever you call it, it's delicious. Y can use many different stuffings for this dish. M y favorite is what Andy used.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flank steak, recipe, steak, stuffing

Stuffed Flank Steak In response to a request, here is my recipe for this dish: STUFFED FLANK STEAK 1 Ea Flank Steak 2-3 C Prepared Stuffing (I used leftover thanksgiving stuffing) Prepare the flank steak by using a mechanical tenderizer to break down the muscle fibers. Pound the steak to flatten and spread it out. Season with salt and pepper. Position the steak on the cutting board with the grain running left and right. Heat the stuffing and place it onto the steak in a slender roll along the length of the steak parallel to the muscle fibers. Roll the steak around the stuffing lengthwise and tie it with cooking twine every 1½ inches. Sear the steak in a very hot skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Turn to sear all sides. Place the pan and steak into a 400ºF oven and cook to the desired degree of doneness. Rest the steak for ten minutes, remove the strings and slice as desired. 3 stars 1 reviews