"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beef, Pork, Lamb & Venison > Beef
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter

This is what DH had for dinner tonight (he only had one steak) and I had shrimp. He said his steak was DELICIOUS.

Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter

2 (1 1/2"thick) T-Bone Steak
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

BUTTER:

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 TB. whiskey
1 TB. white wine vinegar
1 TB. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

Bring grill to medium heat

Cover both sides of your room-temperature steaks with salt and pepper. Put steaks on grill and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, flipping once.

For butter, mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Pack into a bowl using wax paper, cover and chill until your ready to serve.

Source: The Official John Wayne Way To Grill - Great Stories & Manly Meals Shared by Duke's Family - pub. 2015

cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
Cook

That butter sounds amazing. Not much for alcohol in my food, especially not cooked off, so I'd probably omit that. Thanks for sharing.
strmanglr scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butter, recipe, steak, tennessee

Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter This is what DH had for dinner tonight (he only had one steak) and I had shrimp. He said his steak was DELICIOUS. Tennessee T-Bone Steak with Whiskey Butter 2 (1 1/2"thick) T-Bone Steak 2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. black pepper BUTTER: 1/2 cup butter, softened 2 TB. whiskey 1 TB. white wine vinegar 1 TB. Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper Bring grill to medium heat Cover both sides of your room-temperature steaks with salt and pepper. Put steaks on grill and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, flipping once. For butter, mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Pack into a bowl using wax paper, cover and chill until your ready to serve. Source: The Official John Wayne Way To Grill - Great Stories & Manly Meals Shared by Duke's Family - pub. 2015 3 stars 1 reviews