Tiger Meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with you Dawg! Tiger meat sounds as shocking as Whale meat!
Geeeeze!

On the surface, killing and eating whale meat sounds atrocious. The show "Whale Wars" confirmed to me it is a detestable thing to do.
Then I find out that its no different in other cultures than beef is to us.
In fact, whale meat and seal is the staple diet of the Inuit Indian tribes. They are allowed by law to take these animals for food. And they do take them and use every single part of the animal
While I detest it, I have come to understand why and harbor no resentment to them for their customs.

I'm not finding those names shocking. What would you make of "Sh## on a Shingle"?

Remember those little single serving bags of meat with some kind of sauce that you put in boiling water, then poured out over toast? Boil in bag.
I cannot remember who made them or what they were called.
But as a kid, I loved them. Would consider them again. I remember the BBQ being my favorite.

I figured it was a post by a newbie that I had to check out....

I'm close to making Kitten Teriyaki....

If your kitten is chewing on electrical wires, you just might get your wish and it would be partially cooked for you.

If your kitten is chewing on electrical wires, you just might get your wish and it would be partially cooked for you.

He was not chewing on the wires and none of them were connected to current as I was detangling them. No fears there. He was just trying to be "kitten helpful" while this old lady was sitting on the floor and getting exasperated with his antics, the wires and being on the floor. I won't go into how long it took me to get off the floor...

We, as kids, were big fans of SOS, chipped beef in a cream sauce over toast. In WI, every new years eve, we'd grind up a steak for raw beef, served with S&P on rye bread. I'm a big fan of it.

All this talk about SOS, I had to make some this morning. Shrek called it "cr_p"...he did say it was perfection. I sauteed some onion for it.

I like SOS and know that I like freshly ground raw beef, if I know the beef is safe. I had a cookbook titled "The World's 100 Best Recipes" In it was a recipe for Luca Augen (luca's eyes). It consisted of a perfectly formed square of raw ground round, with a depression made for a raw egg yolk, topped with caviar. I'm thinking that I wouldn't be able to handle the raw egg yolk and caviar part.

As for the chipped beef, DW doesn't like four based sauces or gravies, so it's not made in my home. I do enjoy both however. In the times when she's not home, I would make it except for the fact that chipped beef is very expensive anymore.

As for the Tiger Meat, I'd try it.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

On the surface, killing and eating whale meat sounds atrocious. The show "Whale Wars" confirmed to me it is a detestable thing to do.
In fact, whale meat and seal is the staple diet of the Inuit Indian tribes. They are allowed by law to take these animals for food. And they do take them and use every single part of the animal
While I detest it, I have come to understand why and harbor no resentment to them for their customs.

I agree with you. I know, I'm shocked, too! :LOL: ;)

I was watching Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Foods once when he was in China. He described how, for some things, the Chinese appreciate unusual (to us) textures like tendons and foods like bugs and sea horses. Check this out: http://travel.cnn.com/shanghai/life/5-extreme-foods-at-beijing-night-market-294439/

My Dad gave me The Peanuts Cookbook, and I could SWEAR
that there was a recipe for Creamed Chipped Beef and that's
where I learned to make it...
peanuts.jpg

Remember those little single serving bags of meat with some kind of sauce that you put in boiling water, then poured out over toast? Boil in bag.
But as a kid, I loved them. Would consider them again. I remember the BBQ being my favorite.

Your last sentence is totally uncalled for and leans on the cruel side. I would think that having been a part of this forum for so long, that you would know how much the members love their pets. :angel:

Your last sentence is totally uncalled for and leans on the cruel side. I would think that having been a part of this forum for so long, that you would know how much the members love their pets. :angel:

Did you notice where PF mentioned kitten teriyaki? RB was responding to the joke she started. Lighten up.

I learned the hard way that some take extreme exception to remarks about cruelty to cats, even when it's an obvious joke. I love our cat, and would never do anything to hurt him. However, I once tied a double hooked fly, one trailing about 2 inches behind the firs. It was designed as a large pike fly. I had a friend who adores cats. I joking showed him my twin hook fly and remarked that I had just tied a new cat toy. He wasn't amused, and our relationship cooled dramatically over the dark joke. I still state that our cat needs swimming lessons, with a burlap bag and rocks, to strengthen his swimming ability. Those who know me know that I would never hurt the cat, and that he gets most of the attention in our house, petting, scratching behind the ears, playing with, and brushing from me. I've even been known to tease people similarly. Complainer - "I've got a cold that's killing me." Me - Guillotine will take care of that." Those people know that I'm only kidding, and throw the same back.

Such dark kidding is often a way to vent frustration in a harmless way. My cat doesn't know that I;m talking about throwing him into a river. He doesn't care. He knows that he's getting attention, and that he's being brushed, or cared for in some kind way, even though I'm saying something to him that might shock another.

Unfortunately, on line, we can easily misconstrue what another is saying. We can't hear the voice inflections, or see the facial expressions, or body language. We have no clues as to the ultimate meaning except for the words. And the words can be misread. So before we all start taking sides, let's all try to see each other for what we are, a community who likes to joke around a bit, and who come from different backgrounds, from different cultures, even though we live in the same country. In my father's generation, hunting, and the killing of animals was part of the culture. Neither of my parents were trophy hunters, but when our dog developed an obviously deadly cancer, he was taken out for one, last hunt. batches of kittens were put into burlap sacs, and tossed into the river. It was both a more honorable, but sometimes harder society.

We are products of our own personalities, and our examples and surroundings. We may have differing senses of what is humor, and what is cruelty. We do have the ability to how we react to another's posts. I hope we react well.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

...Remember those little single serving bags of meat with some kind of sauce that you put in boiling water, then poured out over toast? Boil in bag.
But as a kid, I loved them. Would consider them again. I remember the BBQ being my favorite...
As an adult, I sometimes had Banquet Creamed Chipped Beef for supper. Before kids, and when Himself would travel for a week, I would make that for my supper about once a week. With a big serving of fresh veggies or a big salad, I figured it was a quick and decent meal. Just something comforting and old-fashioned about SOS.

I also saw that Mr. Google listed Bob Evans and Stouffer's as selling them. The Stouffer's plant was less than 10 miles from my parents' home. Mom and Dad loved going over to their outlet store to fill up their freezer...and ours. French Bread Pizzas for everyone! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom