Twice baked potato skins stuffed with meatloaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
Stuffed Meatloaf

Here is a fun way to serve meatloaf. Prepare your favorite meatloaf recipe or use my recipe below. Bake 4 large potatoes or more depending on amount of ground beef. (The recipe below will do 4 whole med-large potatoes). When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half and remove the potato pulp from the skin leaving just enough so the potato still holds it's shape. Fill potato skins with meatloaf mixture and place on foil lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until meatloaf is done.

While meatloaf is baking mash the potatoes as you would for mashed potatoes. Now for the fun part; leave them plain adding only butter and milk or add your favorite cheese. I sometimes like to add some cubed up Velveeta cheese, finely grated onion, sour cream to taste, milk, margarine and salt and pepper to taste.

Just before meatloaf is done remove from oven and top each potato with mashed potatoes. Place back in oven for about ten minutes or until heated through.

Note: You don't want the mashed potatoes real creamy or they will slide off the potatoes during baking.
If you use this meatloaf recipe with lean hamburger you will not have any fat in the pan at all.
Enjoy! Debbie

STUFFED MEATLOAF

img_601444_0_43423dece6297105eee746d7c79c4656.jpg

img_601444_1_79921b5528dd042120335dca2efee4d0.jpg

1 pound(s) GROUND BEEF; Lean.
2 tablespoon(s) ONION; Minced.
1 EGG
1/2 cup(s) BREAD CRUMBS; Dry.
2 tablespoon(s) KETCHUP
1 tablespoon(s) DIJON MUSTARD
1 clove(s) GARLIC; Minced.
1/8 teaspoon(s) OREGANO
1/4 teaspoon(s) MARJORAM
1/8 teaspoon(s) SALT
1/8 teaspoon(s) BLACK PEPPER
_____

In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, catsup, Dijon mustard, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper.
_____

Those look great, Debbie.
One of these days I'm going to make a bunch of these and put some in the freezer (those that I don't end up eating :pig:)

Thanks

The beans look really great, too. :)

Thanks Jeff G. and pancanis. I hope you enjoy. My husband said they were great the next day in his lunch.

The beans were stir fried with onions and garlic along with some bacon. After the beans were cooked I drizzled some House of Tsang Szechuan Spicy Stir fry Sauce over. My family loved it!

i have to try this ... looks like they would go good
on the grill ...

ooh my mouth is watering, just looking at that is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!:ROFLMAO: this is some serious comfort food!! I can't wait to try it!:chef:

Thanks Constance, I'm pretty happy on how they turned out. Enjoy! Debbie

welise86, Thanks! You can't beat meat and potatoes. Enjoy! Debbie

So, I sent the link to my BF who is sick with a cold. He's like crazy for me to make these for him. I've already made my grocery list. I bet this would be delish with ground turkey as well.

that loks good Olblue I love your recipies because they always look like the 4th of July! Americana at its best. Growing up ethnically italian we had great food but not the stuff you post at all ... makes me hungry

Nancy Jane, You are real sweet to make this for your BF. I bet ground turkey would be great. Good idea! Debbie

Thank you Panchohambre for the wonderful complement. Debbie

Enjoy! Barbara L

They look great Debbie!

Pacanis thats a great idea for a quick meal to keep in the freezer without making frozen pizza.... I need more of those, less pizza. :)

Back
Top Bottom