Was pork, now beef "chuck steak?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
In a previous thread about pork steaks, Uncle Bob and Michael FT Worth, gave this recipe..

Any brazing recipe would make them tender and tasty...In the oven, on the stove, crock pot, in foil etc...My first choice would be -- Cut into serving size pieces...season and brown...make a brown (paper bag) roux -- Add chopped onion, pepper, and celery to the roux for 10 minutes or so...Add chicken stock to make a gravy...season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, thyme etc...add the pork steaks back into the gravy and slowly simmer until fork tender...Serve with rice or mashed potatoes....

Enjoy!

Would this same work for beef chuck steaks that I usually find sort of "tough"?

I think they would have to cook longer than pork, but then I don't really want it to come out like "pot roast"

would this be like the "sirloin tips over rice" that I often get in little diners?

or is there some better recipe for beef chuck steaks?

Thanks, Eric, Austin Tx.

Yes it would work as you (I) described....
You could also take a look at the Swiss Steak thread...that would work too!
Add a lot of Green/Red Bell pepper strips for "pepper steak"
Another favorite is slice up two or three big onions in the gravy! Especially good when the Vidalia onions are in season....
Serve with Rice (my favorite) or smashed tators....Bust open a big biscuit and ladle the meat/gravy on...a few dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce....Fit for a King!!

Have Fun & Enjoy!

For cube steak, I make a sauce out of onions, mushrooms, V-8 juice (I like it better than tomato juice) and sour cream.

Back
Top Bottom