What do I do with a 2 pound frozen chuck roast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I'd prefer to put it in the crockpot to keep my house from heating up via the oven.

Recipes? Suggestions? I will make it tomorrow so I'll stick it in the fridge until then.

My sister gave it to me.......

Crockpot pot roast is great. Remember to use lots of onions, garlic, a little hot pepper to give it real flavor. Leftover pot roast is good for sandwiches and/or burritos or enchiladas. OR ... try crockpot barbequed beef. You'll find lots of recipes on this site or on the web. Also, you may want to make beef stew. Stew is a nice filling for beef pot pies,too. How about a hearty beef/vegetable soup? Here's a recipe you might enjoy:

Beef with Apples and Sweet Potatoes
1 - 2lb. boneless beef chuck roast
2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes or 1 40 oz. can sweet potatoes, drained
2 medium onions, sliced
2 apples, cored and sliced
1/2 cup beef broth
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, divided
1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons cold water

--Trim fat from beef and cut into 2-inch pieces. Place beef, sweet potatoes, onions, apples, beef broth, garlic, salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours.

--Transfer beef, sweet potatoes, and apples to a platter. Cover and keep warm in oven. Let liquid in slow cooker stand for 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim off fat.

--Combine cornstarch, remainng thyme, and pepper, cinnamon and water. Stir into cooking liquid. Cook 15 minutes or until juices are thickened. Serve sauce over beef, potatoes and apples.
Makes about 6 servings.

I just make potroast on top of the stove. I brown it well, add salt, cook/simmer for 45 min, add potatoes, carrots, onions, etc and cook about 45 min more. Add seasonings as you like. You do not need to add any liq. as the roast releases so much.

I got one...

with the roast add 1 large family size cream of mushroom soup
about 1 to 1 1/2 cans water
I package of lipton onion soup mix(dry)

any veggies you like to use for stew, about 2 cups

let that cook on low for at least 6 hours or longer.
its a fab recipe
my dad gave it to me :)

I ended up putting it in the crockpot and just dumping stuff. My onion was bad so I put a bunch of onion powder in it...salt and pepper, tators and carrots, beef stew mix, worche. sauce and a can of tomato soup.

I was pretty happy with it!

I put mine in the crockpot.. in fact.. i just made one in the crockpot for dinner last night... I sometimes add.. about 4 potatoes peeled and quartered but didn't last night. I sprayed the crockpot with cooking spray, put in the roast, sliced half an onion and laid the pieces over the top, sprinkled morton's nature seasoning, garlic and pepper seasoning over the top and put about 6 pats of butter on top of it and cooked it on high for 2-1/2hrs and then on low for 4hrs. It turned out perfect and so tender.

Back
Top Bottom