Yankee Pot Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, I got up the energy to put it on. I got the pan heated, meat rubbed and put it in the pan for a sear. The phone rang, something else came up, and by the time I got back to the stove, I had a beautiful pan sear. Turned it over, and walked away. Again, a beautiful pan sear. Added the tomato paste and then the broth. Seasoned it to taste. The broth is going to be to die for. Now I have to let it simmer for about 1.5 hours. Then I will add the veggies. I usually add taters, carrots, a couple of large stalks of celery to be removed later, turnip or rutabagas, and a handful of frozen peas. Today I really don't feel like cooking or eating, so all it will get is the taters and carrots.

Son #2 called and when I told him what I was making, he invited himslf to supper. That is fine with me. Someone has to eat this dish. He will probably be the one to eat the celery. I am not fond of cooked celery. Only put it in for taste. I could have used ground celery seed, but needed to use up the celery. Now I have to get up the energy to peel the two potatoes and carrots. Good grief, is this cold never going to end? :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom