Your Favorite Beef Jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonj79

Assistant Cook
What is your favorite brand of beef jerky? I love ordering mine from Robertson's Hams. Matter of fact I am waiting on 2 lbs to come in the mail any day now. This stuff is amazing. Even though I am very loyal to it I am still looking for some other jerky. Who else do you know of that makes great tasting jerky?

Me! I make excellent jerky! I have a food dehydrator & I use the Nesco cure & seasonings. It's better than anything I've ever bought. I use flank steak/London Broil, sliced thin. Marinate for a day or so, then dry it.

If you are a jerky lover, it would be worth your time & money to buy a dehydrator & make your own

Corinne said:
Me! I make excellent jerky! I have a food dehydrator & I use the Nesco cure & seasonings. It's better than anything I've ever bought. I use flank steak/London Broil, sliced thin. Marinate for a day or so, then dry it.

If you are a jerky lover, it would be worth your time & money to buy a dehydrator & make your own

That sounds cool. Can you post me a link to the food dehydrator and give me some instructions on how you make yours?

I was watching a Good Eats episode awhile back and I seen where Alton Brown used two fans and some air conditioner filters to dry the jerky out. But that method just seemed to.......what word am I looking for......scientific and ghetto, lol. I guess. I don't know. I mean it would probably work, but I just don't want to have to go out and buy all that stuff that I would have no other use for. I would rather just buy a food dehydrator like your recommended. Something simple.

Thank you IronChef, that is exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for retailers that have specialized in jerky making.

Where I live the only choices of jerky we have is the regular gas station blends and we all know how bad they suck. Least I do, I can't stand gas station/grocery store jerky.

My father-in-law used to drive a truck for a living and he came across Robertson's Ham's on the road. We my wife and I first got together and she told me about this place, I thought to myself, nah, she's crazy, jerky is crap (due to the fact that all I had ever eaten was grocery store/gas station stuff). Well she ordered some from here and it changed my life forever. It made me not even want to look at jerky in the store again. The stuff is that **** good.

Now I know the company I am ordering from is great, but they can't be the only ones making jerky like this. So this has put me on a mission to find other jerky around the world that are not comerically known. So thank you very much IronChef, I just sent Angelo an email and I am awaiting to hear his/there response. I plan on ordering some extremely soon.

Oh and by the way. That 2 lbs we ordered the other day came in yesterday, which is a good bit by the way, cut very thin. Between my wife, two kids and myself, its already gone. Two days, and 2lbs of jerky is gone. $50 worth, lol. GONE. But its that **** good.

If anyone else has had any experience with online jerky retailers please tell them. I love this kind of stuff. Ironchef, you have no idea how well you just made my night. Thanks man.

i had a habanero flavored one from a country store in vermont a few years ago. it was so spicy, and so good. i wish i could remember the name of the brand.

does anyone have a good habanero beef jerky recipe. i have a bunch of dried habaneros, if that helps.

Jason, I think you won't be dissapointed. I love the hot pepper jerky and it it's pretty hot. It's sprinkled with red chili flakes. The regular pepper jerky uses black pepper and that's good too. Everytime I'm up in the Napa area, or if I know someone who's going there, I always make it a point to get some of their beef jerky. It's good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom