Applejack Smoked Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
Applejack Smoked Barbecue Ribs

RIBS
1 rack of pork spare ribs
salt/pepper

MOP/BASTING SAUCE
1 cup apple cider
1 cup Lairds Applejack
1/2 cup dark brown sugar

BBQ SAUCE
1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Hoboken Eddies)
1 cup Lairds Applejack

Season ribs liberally on both sides with salt and pepper. Set-up your smoker or grill per the manufacturers instructions for offset smoking/grilling. If you don't have a smoker or grill you can use an oven to cook them, just add some liquid smoke to the BBQ sauce.

I used Applewood chunk, but any subtle flavored wood will work. Smoke at a temperature of 225-230 degrees with the bone side down. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients for the mop sauce, and apply to the ribs every half hour using a brush or spray bottle. You'll want to cook until you reach an internal temperature of 195-205 degrees, or just until the meat starts to pull away from the bone. Combine the ingredients for the BBQ sauce. You can also use Lairds Applejack in place of Bourbon for a homemade sauce. Brush the ribs liberally with the sauce on both sides and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.

Save the rest of the BBQ sauce for dipping.

Lairds Applejack

I was going to put a drip pan under the ribs with apple cider but thought that might be too over-the-top. I use the Applejack with thick cut pork chops, brown sugar and onion too.

(can you tell I don't drink the stuff)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom