Are you sick of my questions yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
I got a 6 qt. crockpot, that's the biggest that they had.
Anyway, the pork butt that I got was a little too big:wacko:
So, I have to cut it.
My question is, do I just put it in there with a little water and what do I put temp on, it has low and high, and keep warm.
Can I put peeled apples in it once it almost done? I wondered if it would give it an apple flavor or maybe I need a glaze?
I know I have just about killed the subject, but, I've never cooked a meal in a crockpot:ohmy: and I have never cooked pork butt either, so, any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to cook it tomorrow and I'm not sure when to start it either.

Texas,

you might try this, it's for pork chops,but I'm sure it would work, you could slice the roast up into chops if you want or leave as is...I'll give you the whole recipe you go from there with it :LOL:
6-large loin pork chops
2-large apples peeled and sliced
2-tab. water
4-Tab. apple brandy or even cider or juice
1/8 tea. mace
1/4-tea. nutmeg
salt and pepper
1/2-tea. honey.
Trim fat from chops and brown them, you can do that with the roast in a large fry pan. Put apples, water, 2 tab.brandy or cider in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle on the seasonings and add the honey give it a stir and add the meat. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hrs. Remove meat to hot platter and add remaining 2 tab. brandy or cider to pan gravy, stir well and pour over chops or sliced roast..
I serve with mashed sweet potatoes, buttered broccoli, some cold applesauce and biscuits with honey... Hope this helps a little
kadesma:LOL:

No, Im not sick of your questions Texasgirl. I've never used a crockpot, so it's a good question!

The only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked. Feel free to ask away.

Just remember that there is a funky-shaped bone (the shoulder blade) in a pork butt, that may make cutting the cut down a little on the tricky side.

Back
Top Bottom