Basic roasted pork tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhlake

Assistant Cook
Can someone give me some basic guidelines for a roasted pork tenderloin. How to prepare it for roasting, oven temp and length.

Pork tenderloin is a very lean piece of meat so it benefits from high heat cooking.

You can marinate it if you like for a couple of hours. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Dry off the tenderloin and sear it in some oil in a HOT pan on all sides then pop it into the oven. As it only weighs about a pound and a quarter, it should be dome in 20 minutes or so. Check it with an instant read thermometer for an internal temperature of 150F. Let it rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing.

I would dry the tenderloin, season it with salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic, maybe even some onion powder, then sear it in a hot cast iron skillet. I would also take the same skillet, with the tenderloin, and pop it in the oven until it's done. I'm not sure about the time, as I haven't cooked a pork tender in many, many years. When it's done, I would remove the tender to a platter to allow it to rest, caramelize the drippings in the cast iron skillet (if they aren't already), and deglaze it with some pork stock to make the gravy.

Back
Top Bottom