I would like to share this recipe with all of you. My mother has been doing it since I can remember and everybody always loves it. It's very cheap to make and you only need a few ingredients (you probably already will have them at home). This ingredients are for 2 people but you can adjust the quantities without problem, don't worry too much about the proportions.
4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
1 medium white onion chopped
1 garlic glove
10 raw almonds
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. While the pan is heating, sprinkle the chop pork on both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange the chops in pan and cook without touching and turning only once until they are a little bit golden brown, about 2 -3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan.
2. Add the chopped onion and the garlic chopped in big chunks in the same pan with a little bit of salt, stirring often, until it starts to soften and brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Return the pork chops to the pan and add some water until just covering the chops. When the sauce is starting to reduce and thicken and the pork chops are tender. Take the pork chops out of the pan, add the peeled almonds and let the sauce reduce for a couple of minutes.
4. Blend the sauce in a blender, or in the same pan using a hand blender until smooth.
5. Return the pork chops to the pan and let it cooks for a minute. Add more salt or pepper if needed.
Serve with rice or fries potatoes.
Note: To peel the raw almonds easily, I put them in a glass covered with water and microwave them for 20 seconds. Once they have cooled off, it will be much easier to peel them.
It's my first post, sorry if I made any mistakes. I hope it was useful for somebody!